Throughout the Lands Between, you’ll sometimes stumble upon something that wants you dead, like a secret boss! Here’s where you can find every Deathbird & Death Rite Bird in Elden Ring.
Winged creatures come in all shapes and sizes in FromSoftware’s latest release. One minute you’re dodging explosives thrown by hard-to-hit Warhawks, the next you’re running away from the burning breath of a Dragon!
But, somewhere in between lies the Deathbird and their slightly larger, more deadly relative, the Death Rite Bird.
With one inexplicable exception, these enemies only spawn at night, so check out our guide to all Sites of Grace. Fast travel to the closest one and you’ll be able to wait until nighttime to take on these bosses.
Here are the locations of each bird boss, starting with the lesser Deathbirds!
And if you prefer to patrol the dark, here’s where you can find another group of secret night bosses – The Night’s Cavalry.
There are four Deathbirds in Elden Ring, which are smaller and weaker than the Death Rite Birds. This is where you can find them:
- Limgrave – Over the cliff to the east of Warmaster’s Shack.
- 2,800 Runes
- Talisman: Blue-Feathered Branchsword – Decreases damage taken by 50% when health is under 20%
- Weeping Peninsula – Beneath the cliff north of Castle Morne.
- 3,900 Runes
- Weapon: Sacrificial Axe (Wild Strikes Skill)
- Liurnia of the Lakes – North-east of the Scenic Isle Site of Grace, beneath a ruin wall.
- 6,600 Runes
- Talisman: Red-Feathered Branchsword – Raises attack by 20% when health is under 20%
- Capital Outskirts – To the east of the Hermit Merchant’s Shack.
- 29,000 Runes
- Medium Shield: Twinbird Kite Shield (No Skill)
Keeping your distance is a good strategy against Deathbirds. Here’s where you can find every sorcery scroll in Elden Ring to expand your magical arsenal!
Death Rite Bird Locations
There are a total of four Death Rite Birds in Elden Ring. You can find each of them at the following locations:
- Liurnia of the Lakes – South of the Gate Town North Site of Grace.
- 7,800 Runes
- Sorcery: Ancient Death Rancor – Summons vengeful spirits that chase down enemies (INT 34, FAI 24)
- Caelid – Close to Sellia Gateway, southeast of the Southern Aeonia Swamp Bank Grace Site.
- 15,00 Runes
- Weapon: Death’s Poker Greatsword (Ghostflame Ignition Skill)
- Mountaintops of the Giants* – West of Castle Sol, close to the western bridge in the snowcapped cliffs.
- 77,000 Runes
- Weapon: Death Ritual Spear (Spearcall Ritual Skill)
*This Death Rite Bird can be found in the daytime.
- Consecrated Snowfield – Follow the Frozen River, southeast of the Apostate Derelict.
- 220,000 Runes
- Sorcery: Explosive Ghostflame – Unleashes a ghostflame explosion that burns a wide area (INT 42, FAI 30)
If you’re unsure how to access the Consecrated Snowfield, follow our guide to get there and tackle Elden Ring’s toughest Death Rite Bird!
And now the skies are clear. You’ve successfully exterminated each and every one of these decrepit birds from the Lands Between.
For more boss fights, dungeons are the place to be. Here’s where you can find every single dungeon in Elden Ring, along with the boss waiting for you within each.