The Edgemaster’s Aspect in Diablo 4 allows players to significantly increase their damage output based on the amount of Primary Resource they have available.
Thankfully, the Edgemaster’s Aspect is not locked to any class and can be used on multiple equipment types.
Find out what the Edgemaser’s Aspect does and how to get your hands on it below.
How to Get Edgemaster’s Aspect in Diablo 4
There are two ways to get the Edgemaster’s Aspect in Diablo 4:
- Completing the Oldstones dungeon in Scosglen
- You’ll be rewarded with the Edgemaster’s Aspect in your Codex of Power
- Extracting it from a piece of Legendary Gear
Where to Find Edgemaster’s Aspect in Diablo 4
You can find the Edgemaster’s Aspect most easily as a Codex of Power reward for completing the Oldstones dungeon in Scosglen.
Scosglen is a low-level area that you’ll come across in Act 2 of Diablo 4’s campaign. This means that you can unlock the Edgemaster’s Aspect very early on in the game.
Follow these steps to complete the Oldstones dungeon:
- Head to Oldstones dungeon
- It can be found in The Downs area of the Scosglen region
- Use the Under the Fat Goose Inn Waypoint – the dungeon is to the northwest of here
- Return the Stone Carving to the pedestal
- Navigate through the dungeon defeating enemies until you find the Stone Carving Item
- Travel back to the pedestal and place the Stone Carving on top
- Travel to the Underground Thicket
- Collect Animus from Animus Carriers
- Animus is a purple orb dropped by enemies with the title “Animus Carriers”
- Deposit Animus into the Animus Urn
- Find the Urn at the end of the dungeon and deposit all the Animus you’ve collected
- Defeat the Khazra Abomination boss
- Make sure to dodge the boss’s devastating ground-plunging attack to avoid taking a lot of damage
- Try to avoid the pools of poison on the ground as these can eat away at your health bar quickly
- Upon defeating the boss, you’ll receive the Edgemaster’s Aspect and complete the dungeon
You can view the Edgemaster’s Aspect in the Codex of Power and can imprint it onto gear with the Occultist.
How to Get Edgemaster’s Aspect from Legendary Gear in D4
To get the Edgemaster’s Aspect from Legendary Gear, you’ll need to find Legendary items as loot drops that already have the Aspect equipped.
Here’s what to look out for when searching for the Edgemaster’s Aspect on Legendary Gear:
- Look out for the affix description next to a star in orange letters in the item’s description
- The affix should say – “Skills deal up to [10-20]% increased damage based on your available Primary Resource when cast, receiving the maximum benefit while you have full Primary Resource”
- Pay attention to the percentage damage increase to see if it is better than the base increase from the Codex of Power version of the Aspect
Despite being able to access the Edgemaster’s Aspect from the Codex of Power, there is a chance that you’ll find a version of the Aspect with more powerful effects.
If this is the case, you can use this gear piece to replace an existing one, or extract the Aspect from it to imprint it on another piece of gear.
Be sure to check out how to imprint and extract aspects at the Occultist in Diablo 4, to really get this process nailed down.
What is Edgemaster’s Aspect in Diablo 4?
The Edgemasters Aspect is a Legendary Aspect in Diablo 4 that increases your damage based on the the amount of Primary Resource you have available.
Here is the Edgemaster’s Aspect effect:
- Skills deal up to [10-20]% increased damage based on your available Primary Resource when cast, receiving the maximum benefit while you have full Primary Resource
You can only imprint the Edgemaster’s Aspect on the following types of gear:
- One-Handed Weapons
- Two-Handed Weapons
The percentage damage increase will vary depending on whether you imprint it onto an item from the Codex of Power, or find it on a gear piece as a loot drop.
It’s important to note that the damage increase from Codex of Power will always be the lowest value within the range of values the Aspect offers.
Any class can make use of the Edgemaster’s Aspect. Each class has a different Primary Resource:
As any class can use the Edgemaster’s Aspect, all can benefit from its brilliant offensive capabilities. It’s great for adding power to any type of build and is a fantastic addition to any budding Wanderer’s repertoire.