Controlled Sprint in EA FC 24 is a new way to dribble with the ball, and it is highly effective in beating defenders.
FC 24 is packed with new features, including PlayStyles, additional ways to create chances, and now this method to control the ball.
If you are wondering what Controlled Sprint is and how to use it, you are in the right place, so let’s dive into this mechanic.
What Is Controlled Sprint in EA FC 24?
Controlled Sprint is a new dribbling mechanic that makes the player sprint slower, but they maintain closer control of the ball.
Using this dribbling technique can reduce the chance your player takes a heavy touch or fails to control the ball when running.
This new feature can be incredibly effective against opposition as the close control of the ball means you can weave in and out much easier. You will be able to maneuver more accurately while evading defending players.
How to Use Controlled Sprint in EA FC 24
To use Controlled Sprint in EA FC 24, all you need to do is:
- PlayStation: Hold R1 when dribbling.
- Xbox: Hold RB when dribbling.
By simply holding this button while controlling the ball, your player will keep it closer to their feet as they run. You do not need to hold the sprint button (R2/RB) at the same time for Controlled Sprint to work.
Additionally, you can use the right analog stick to perform a wide turn that keeps the ball close to the player.
Utilizing this technique will be much more effective if you are using it while controlling a player who has the Technical PlayStyle or PlayStyle+.
This trait allows those players to “Reach higher speeds when performing Controlled Sprint.” Here is a list of those who have this PlayStyle+ in EA FC 24:
- Pelé (ICON & Brazil)
- Roberto Baggio (ICON & Italy)
- Aitana Bonmatí (FC Barcelona & Spain)
- Lionel Messi (Inter Miami & Argentina)
- George Best (ICON & Northern Ireland)
- Rivaldo (ICON & Brazil)
- Hristo Stoichkov (ICON & Bulgaria)
- Emilio Butragueño (ICON & Spain)
- Luís Figo (ICON & Portugal)
- David Ginola (Hero & France)
- Bernardo Silva (Manchester City & Portugal)
- Debinha (Kansas City Current & Brazil)
- Franck Ribery (ICON & France)
- Paulo Futre (Hero & Portugal)
- John Barnes (ICON & England)
- Joe Cole (Hero & England)
- Jamal Musiala (Bayern Munich & England)
- Aleksandr Mostovoi (Hero & Russia)
Best Scenarios to Use Controlled Sprint in EA FC 24
Controlled Sprint can be effective in most scenarios, but the best ones to use it for are:
- When near the byline, running into the box.
- When in lots of space and sprinting at the opposition’s defense.
- In 1v1 situations.
This mechanic is excellent in these situations, as you may need to turn quickly to get past any defenders. Using Controlled Sprint will reduce the chances your player loses control of the ball, increasing your odds of beating the player in front of you.