Sony’s take on a premium customizable controller for PS5, the DualSense Edge, has received official release and pre-order dates.
Some time ago, Sony announced its DualSense Edge wireless controller for PS5. This version of the DualSense controller focuses on offering customizable controls to fit the unique playstyle of each gamer.
Among these personalization options, the DualSense Edge features button remapping, sensitivity settings for sticks and triggers, and support for profiles.
All these features are included while also retaining the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers that are now the signature of the DualSense controller.
If this sounds like a perfect fit for your gaming needs, you will not have to wait for long! The DualSense Edge now has an official price, release, and pre-order date.
- DualSense Edge PS5 Controller Pre-Order Date
- DualSense Edge PS5 Controller Pre-Order Time
- Where to Pre-Order PS5 DualSense Edge Controller
- DualSense Edge Release Date
- DualSense Edge Price
- What’s in the Box?
- All DualSense Edge PS5 Controller Features
- Accessories Compatibility
- DualSense Edge Battery Life
- DualSense Edge Trailers
DualSense Edge PS5 Controller Pre-Order Date
Pre-orders for the DualSense Edge wireless PS5 controller went live on Tuesday, October 25, 2022. Additionally, the pre-order period will end until supplies last.
DualSense Edge PS5 Controller Pre-Order Time
PlayStation DualSense Edge Controllers pre-orders went live at 7 AM PT / 10 AM ET in the United States.
Where to Pre-Order PS5 DualSense Edge Controller
PlayStation DualSense Edge Controllers pre-orders are now live at PlayStation Direct in the US! Here’s a link to the store page:
The PS5 DualSense Edge controller and replaceable stick modules will be available to pre-order exclusively from PlayStation Direct in the following territories:
- United States
- United Kingdom
The DualSense Edge wireless controller and replaceable stick modules will be available from other participating retailers starting February 23, 2023.
DualSense Edge Release Date
The DualSense Edge wireless PS5 controller will launch globally on January 26, 2023, Sony has confirmed.
|ET (New York)|
DualSense Edge Price
The DualSense Edge PS5 wireless controller will retail at a suggested MSRP of $199.99 USD/¥29,980 (including tax)/€239.99/£209.99.
Additional replaceable stick modules will be available on January 26, retailing for an MSRP of $19.99 USD/¥2,680 (including tax)/€24.99/£19.99.
What’s in the Box?
All of the following accessories are included in the DualSense Edge PS5 controller box:
- DualSense Edge wireless controller
- USB braided cable
- 2 Standard caps
- 2 High dome caps
- 2 Low dome caps
- 2 Half dome back buttons
- 2 Lever back buttons
- Connector housing
- Carrying case
All DualSense Edge PS5 Controller Features
Aside from including the signature haptic feedback and adaptive triggers, the DualSense Edge PS5 controller also features:
- Changeable stick caps
- Three different types of caps are included
- Replaceable stick modules
- These modules will be sold separately for an MSRP of $19.99 USD/¥2,680 (including tax)/€24.99/£19.99 on January 26
- Remappable buttons
- Remappable buttons with dedicated profiles to switch without the need to leave the game you are playing
- Adjustable triggers, stick sensitivity, and vibration intensity
- Configure stick sensitivity and dead zones
- Configure trigger dead zones
- Regulate vibration intensity
- On-controller user interface
- Allows swapping pre-set control profiles, control game volume, and chat balance directly via dedicated Function buttons
- Requires an analog audio connection with the controller for full feature compatibility
- Quick access to profile settings menu
- Simply press the Function and Options buttons to quickly change settings from the customization menu
- Quick-swap control profiles
- Save your favorite control settings and swap seamlessly
- Adjustable trigger lengths
- Dedicated slider buttons to set the travel distance for both left and right triggers
- Mappable back buttons
- Includes two sets of swappable back buttons that are configurable with any button input
- USB braided cable with lockable connector housing
- The lockable connector housing has a manual sliding lock to avoid accidental disconnections
- Slip-resistant inner grips
- Aim to make long gaming and competitive sessions more comfortable
DualSense Edge is compatible with any wired 3.5mm headphone jack headset and with the DualSense charging station.
DualSense Edge Battery Life
Sony has not yet made any statements about the DualSense Edge PS5 controller battery life. For its premium price, it is expected to be better than the average DualSense, but this is still not confirmed.
However, the controller features a USB braided cable with lockable connector housing and can be charged while stored in its carrying case, making charging it a little less of a hassle.
DualSense Edge Trailers
DualSense Edge – Features Trailer:
DualSense Edge Wireless Controller Reveal Trailer: