At last, the heavily rumored DMZ extraction mode is officially confirmed for Warzone 2.0, with a release date already revealed.
This mode sees Call of Duty take its own twist on the extraction-type shooter that originated from ‘Escape From Tarkov’.
CoD successfully did this previously, shaking up the battle royale scene with their faster-paced version with ‘Warzone’ back in 2020 when they took the crown from rival ‘PUBG’.
Here’s everything we know about DMZ and how it’ll tie into Warzone 2.0.
What Is DMZ in Warzone 2.0
DMZ, short for ‘demilitarized zone,’ is Call of Duty’s hot new take on an extraction-shooter mode.
This brand new game mode and rich sandbox experience created exclusively for Warzone 2.0 has the following features:
- Takes place on the new Warzone 2.0 map ‘Al Mazrah’.
- However, the arena won’t be the same as it is in battle royale modes.
- AI occupies large sections of the map, and are even more lethal than usual.
- These enemies patrol areas, occupy strongholds & reinforce themselves based on the players’ actions.
- Lobbies with a large number of players who want to loot anything they can find.
- Players can avoid or battle other players and newly advanced AI opponents before extracting safely.
- Proximity chat is also present in DMZ.
- You make the call whether you’re friendly or hostile when talking to other nearby players in the warzone.
Do your best to loot up and safely extract. Because if you’re killed with this loot, it’s all lost entirely.
Read More: Warzone 2.0 Gulag Map, Details & How to Redeploy
How to Win in DMZ
Winning in DMZ is entirely subjective, with players able to define their own criteria for success. Everyone chooses their own experience, which can include:
- Infiltrating Al Mazrah
- Completing missions
- Taking part in a variety of activities
- Exploring the secrets of the map
Players can even collect gear to keep in their Warzone 2.0 inventory and utilize it in future games. And you’ll need to get your hands on good loot because Warzone 2.0 is getting rid of loadout drops for good!
Playing solo can be difficult so try to pick and choose gunfights wisely. Working as part of a team can be key when it comes to taking down AI or other players.
Your play style is entirely your choice, go loud or quiet. Hunt players or avoid them. Explore and finally… extract.
DMZ Release Date
DMZ launches alongside Warzone 2.0 on November 16. As Warzone 2.0 will be free to play across all platforms, so will DMZ.
If this new mode has enticed you to pre-order then check out the best pre-order bonuses available for Modern Warfare 2!
And in case you missed it, it seems that Verdansk is coming back to Warzone at last!