Diablo 4 is getting its biggest-ever update with Patch 1.1 – here are all changes listed in the Season 1 patch notes!
The wait is finally over as Diablo 4 Season 1 drops on July 20, 2023. But you won’t have to wait to enjoy that new Season 1 content.
For those unaware, Diablo 4 Patch 1.1 brings with it a major overhaul to the game, containing buffs and nerfs to each class, as well as adding new Legendary Aspects and Uniques for players to encounter.
Here’s everything that Diablo 4 Patch 1.1 has to offer in the complete Season 1 patch notes:
Diablo 4 Update 1.1 Patch Notes – July 18
All 6 New Unique Items
- Ahavarion Spear of Lycander (Uber Unique Staff – World Tier 4 Drop)
- The Ahavarion Spear of Lycander will give players a random Shrine effect for 10-20 seconds after they defeat an Elite enemy. This effect can only happen every 30 seconds.
- Players can only obtain this drop by playing in World Tier 4 difficulty.
- Azurewrath (Unique Sword) – Barbarian Drop
- The Azurewrath is a Lucky Hit skill that gives your Core Skills a 20% chance to freeze enemies for 3 seconds and deal 0.75 – 1.5 Cold Damage to them.
- Azurewrath’s damage effects will scale with Item Power.
- Fleshrender (Unique One-Hand Mace) – Druid Drop
- The Fleshrender will allow the Druid’s Debilitating Roar and Blood Howl to damage Nearby Poisoned enemies by 0.5 – 1.0 damage.
- The effects of this item scale with Item Power.
- Lidless Wall (Unique Shield) – Necromancer Drop
- The Lidless Wall will provide a Lucky Hit skill that, while you have Bone Storm active, has a 5-25% of spawning an additional Bone Storm at an enemy’s location if they are hit while outside of your current Bone Storm.
- Each active Sacrifice you have will increase the chance of this skill triggering by 25% and the number of Bone Storms you can have by +1.
- Eaglehorn (Unique Bow) – Rogue Drop
- The Eaglehorn will give the Rogue’s Penetrating Shot a 30-80% chance to fire an arrow that bounces off walls and scenery.
- If you hit an enemy from behind with Penetrating Shot, it will make them Vulnerable for 3 seconds.
- The Oculus (Unique Wand) – Sorcerer Drop
- The Oculus will allow players to gain the effect of Teleport Enchantment for free. If you Evade using Teleport Enchantment, it will take you to a random location.
- Players will have the opportunity to farm all six of these Unique Drops once Diablo 4 Update 1.1 goes live with Season of the Malignant.
All 7 New Legendary Aspects
- Audacity (Utility Aspect)
- If you are approached by at least 5 Close enemies, they will become Stunned for 2-4 seconds. This effect will only happen once every 20 seconds.
- Craven (Mobility Aspect)
- Players will gain a 20-40% Movement Speed increase when moving away from Slowed or Chilled enemies.
- Ancestral Charge (Offensive Aspect) – Barbarian Aspect
- The Barbarian’s skill Charge will call forth 4 Ancients who also Charge and deal 50-100% normal damage.
- Subterranean (Offensive Aspect) – Druid Aspect
- While active, Poison Creeper will cast Landslide in a circle around you. Earth Skills will also deal 10-20% increased damage to any enemy that is Poisoned.
- Gore Quills (Offensive Aspect) – Necromancer Aspect
- When Blood Lance consumes a Blood Orb, it will also conjure lances from it. Any additional Blood Lance that is conjured this way will deal 20-50% of normal damage and prioritize targeting un-lanced enemies.
- Pestilent Points (Offensive Aspect) – Rogue Aspect
- The Rogue will imbue every third cast of Puncture with Poison that has 100-150% of normal potency.
- Searing Wards (Offensive Aspect) – Sorcerer Aspect
- When a sorcerer spends 100-200 Mana, the next Firewall will come at no cost and destroy incoming Small Missiles.
New Gameplay Updates
- General Gameplay
- After Diablo 4 Update 1.1 Patch Notes, the game will track Altar of Liltih and Map Discovery progress account-wide.
- Whispers will no longer reward players with Sigil Dust for Nightmare Sigil crafting.
- Silent Chests will see an improvement in the quality of the loot players can obtain.
- World Tier Updates
- World Tier II Bonus Gold will increase from 15% to 20%, and Monsters will drop 15% more items.
- World Tiers III and IV will see the levels of enemies inside dungeons and most overworld territories adjusted.
- World Tier III
- If players are below level 55, the level of monsters will be 55.
- Players that are level 56-60 will fight level 55 monsters.
- Players that are level 61 will fight level 56 monsters. This will continue for a few more levels until players reach the max monster level of 70. (Player level caps out at 100.)
- World Tier IV
- If the player is below level 75, they will fight level 75 monsters.
- Players that are level 76-80 will fight Level 75 monsters.
- Players that are level 81 will fight level 76 monsters.
- After players reach Level 82, the level of monsters will always be -5 of their current level. For example, if a player is level 86, the monsters will be level 81.
- Experience Updates
- Players will receive a significant increase in the experience earned when completing Whispers in World Tier III and World Tier IV.
- Helltide Experience
- Any monsters in the Helltide Events are now three levels higher than the player.
- Tortured Gift of Mysteries Chest will now cost 250 Abberant Cinders.
For individual class balancing and bug fixes, you can read the whole list of changes on Blizzard’s official Diablo 4 1.1 patch notes post.
That’s everything in today’s 1.1 patch for Diablo 4! Don’t forget that Season 1 only officially begins on July 20, but all the content above is in-game and available to enjoy now!