The Oculus Wand is a Unique item exclusive to the Sorcerer class released in Diablo 4 Season 1.
It’s one of the six Unique items that was released as part of Diablo’s first Season, the Season of the Malignant.
As a Unique item, it comes with some powerful bonuses and a Unique Effect. Find out what The Oculus Unique item does and how to increase your chances of getting it below.
How to Get The Oculus in Diablo 4
To get the Oculus you have to play in either World Tier 3 or World Tier 4 and hope that it drops as loot from defeating enemies and opening chests.
Additionally, you can target farm The Oculus by defeating the Beast in the Ice endgame boss in World Tier 4.
This is because The Oculus is part of the Beast in the Ice’s loot table. Therefore, defeating the Beast in the Ice is the most reliable way of getting this Unique Wand in Diablo 4.
However, you need to meet a few requirements before you can summon and face him.
How to Get The Oculus from the Beast in the Ice
To get The Oculus from the Beast in the Ice in Diablo 4, you need to summon and defeat him at the Glacial Fissure Nightmare Dungeon in World Tier 4.
Defeating the Beast in the Ice is the most likely way of getting your hands on The Oculus, as he is the only endgame boss that has it in his loot table.
Defeating the Beast in the Ice is the best way to increase your chances of seeing it drop compared to other methods of getting Uniques in Diablo 4.
To summon the Beast in the Ice, you need to do the following :
- Craft a Glacial Fissure Nightmare Sigil at the Occultist to be able to summon the Beast in the Ice
- You will need:
- 9 Distilled Fear – has a chance to drop from completing Nightmare Dungeons level 30 or higher
- 250 Sigil Powder – drops from Tree of Whispers rewards caches, defeating enemies in Nightmare Dungeons, World Bosses, and salvaging Nightmare Sigils
- You will need:
- Once crafted, activate the Glacial Fissure Nightmare Sigil to initiate the Beast in the Ice boss encounter at the Glacial Fissure Nightmare Dungeon
After defeating the Beast in the Ice, there is a chance that The Oculus will drop.
How to Get The Oculus As Loot
To get The Oculus Unique Wand as loot in Diablo 4, you have to be playing in either World Tier 3 or World Tier 4 for it to be able to drop from defeating enemies and opening chests.
Accessing World Tier 3 will require you to complete the Cathedral of Light Capstone Dungeon in Kyovoshad.
For World Tier 4, you need to complete the Fallen Temple Capstone Dungeon located in the Dry Steppes region, while playing in World Tier 3.
Similar to all other loot in the game, The Oculus Unique Wand will drop as random loot from defeating enemies and opening chests.
Engaging in these activities should increase your chances of seeing The Oculus in Diablo 4:
- Defeat the Beast in the Ice in World Tier 4
- Play in higher World Tiers
- Complete Nightmare Dungeons (dungeons with higher tiers have higher drop rates for loot)
- Engage in Helltides and open Helltide Mystery Chests
- Defeat Elite enemies
- Open Reward Chests and Caches
- Complete Whispers of the Dead Requests
- Engage in Legion Events
- Defeat World Bosses
What is The Oculus in Diablo 4?
The Oculus is a Unique Wand exclusive to the Sorcerer class in Diablo 4. It has the Unique Effect of gaining the Teleport Enchantment for free and sends you to a random location on the battlefield when activated.
Here are all of the affixes and unique effects of The Oculus:
- The Oculus Affixes:
- +Attacks Reduce Evade’s Cooldown by [XX] seconds
- +Max Evade Charges
- +Ranks of Teleport
- The Oculus Unique Effect:
- Gain the effect of the Teleport Enchantment for free. When you Evade using Teleport Enchantment you are taken to a random location.
For nimble Sorcerers who like to Teleport, there really is no better option for you than The Oculus. At its max rank, the Unique Wand will add a whopping 10 ranks to the Teleport Skill, in addition to increasing your Evade Charges by +2.
Having so many ranks into Teleport is a great way to proc the Unstoppable status and to deal extra damage to your foes.
In addition to this, wielding The Oculus will also give you a flat 31.5% damage increase at max rank, which is useful for any build.
For more on Unique items, check out our guide on how to summon each endgame boss to target farm for Uniques and Uber Uniques here!