During Diablo 4’s festive Midwinter Blight event you’ll want to know how to farm as many Frigid Husks as you can to get Lost Heirlooms!
Lost Heirlooms are a new resource material and are most easily acquired by destroying Frigid Husks. They can be exchanged for Midwinter Proofs, an exclusive in-game currency needed to get the new cosmetics tied to the holiday event.
Though you can find Frigid Husks while slaying monsters and exploring the snow-laden and demon-filled Fractured Peaks area, you may want to know how you can find them more reliably.
Fortunately, there is a way you can find Frigid Husks easily so you can farm Lost Heirlooms!
How to Farm Frigid Husks & Lost Heirlooms
To farm for Frigid Husks and Lost Heirlooms in Diablo 4, you must head to a specific location where there is a high density of Frigid Husks and reset the instanced zone.
You can reset a zone’s instance by either teleporting to town and then immediately back to the location you were just at, or by walking into another zone and then back in to refresh it.
We found that this specific location in the Dobrev Taiga area in the Fractured Peaks has many Frigid Husks that can spawn there:
We’ve managed to find up to 7 Frigid Husks at this location at one time. It also is very close to a zone border, which is great for resetting the zone and respawning the Frigid Husks you just destroyed!
How to Reset Zone & Respawn Frigid Husks – Best Farming Method
Follow these steps to reset the zone to farm Frigid Husks in Diablo 4:
- Head to this location in the Dobrev Taiga area of the Fractured Peaks region:
- You can find it to the south of the Kyovashad Waypoint and in between the Margrave and Yelesna Waypoints
- Look for Frigid Husks in these areas:
- This location can spawn multiple Frigid Husks at any given time. We found they spawn in these areas
- Destroy any Frigid Husks you come across
- They give you roughly 3-4 Lost Heirlooms per drop
- They also have a chance to contain a Treasure Goblin inside. Killing them can give you high-tier loot!
- Reset the instanced zone by walking in and out of the zone
- There is a zone border separating the Dobrev Taiga and Frigid Expanse areas. It’s just to the North of the Frigid Husk farm location
- Walking in and out of this border has often reset the zone in our testing. You may have to do this a few times!
- Alternatively, reset the zone by teleporting out of the area
- Teleporting in and out of the area will reset the instance
- You can teleport by heading into your map and selecting the Kyovashad Waypoint icon. This will leave an open portal in town. Heading back through this open portal will spawn you back at your original location
- Coming back into a zone will refresh the instance and will likely spawn a fresh batch of Frigid Husks to destroy without having to wait around!
Check out YouTuber SleepyRaijin’s video below for an example of how to reset an instance by walking in and out of a zone in Diablo 4:
As mentioned, you do the above method a few times to reset the zone. You’ll know when it has been reset when you see Frigid Husks appear!
How to Use Lost Heirlooms to Get Midwinter Proofs
To get Midwinter Proofs, you need to exchange Lost Heirlooms at the Collection’s Table in Kyovoshad. You need 30 Lost Heirlooms to get 1 Midwinter Proof.
You can find the Collection’s Table right by Gileon and the Midwinter Square just to the left of the Kyovashad Waypoint:
To get Midwinter Proofs, interact with the Collection’s Table and exchange 30 Lost Heirlooms for 1 Midwinter Proof:
For more important resources for the Midwinter Blight, check out our guide on the fastest way to farm Red-Cloaked Trophies!