If you’re looking to get all the cosmetics and item rewards from the Midwinter Blight in Diablo 4, you’ll want to know the fastest way to farm for the Red-Cloaked Trophy mats!
Red-Cloaked Trophies drop from the new event boss, the Red-Cloaked Horror. They will net you one Midwinter Proof apiece when you exchange them at the Collection’s Table in Kyovashad.
It’s one of the most efficient ways to acquire the new currency needed to get cosmetics in the Midwinter Blight.
However, the Red-Cloaked Horror only appears during specific events that spawn at random. Fortunately, the method below will increase your encounters with the new boss, allowing you to farm Red-Cloaked Trophies to your heart’s content!
Red-Cloaked Trophy: Fastest Farming Method
The fastest way to farm for Red-Cloaked Trophies in Diablo 4 is to continuously refresh the Blighted Revelry event by moving in and out of two separate instanced zones.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Head to this event area in the Frigid Expanse zone in the Fractured Peaks
- You should come across an event – complete it! It may or may not be the Blighted Revelry event required to encounter the Red-Cloaked Horror
- If it is the Blighted Revelry event, meet the Mastery requirements to summon the Red-Cloaked Horror and claim 1 Red-Cloaked Trophy after defeating it
- Even if it’s not the Blighted Revelry, it’s still good practice to finish the event for more mats!
- After completing the event, walk into the next area located in the Seat of the Heavens zone to refresh the instance
- Simply walk to this location on the map:
- Make your way back to the event area in the previous zone
- This will refresh your instance with an increased chance of immediately resetting the event!
- If there is still no event after the refresh, head back to the next area to refresh the zone again
- Repeat step 2 if no event appears
- If the event is reset, look out for the wagon in the middle of the event area. This means that it’s the Blighted Revelry event!
- Complete the mastery requirements for the event to spawn the boss, claim the Red-Cloaked Trophy, and repeat this process to get more!
Red-Cloaked Trophy Farming Method Explained
The Red-Cloaked Horror boss will only spawn during a Blighted Revelry world event in Diablo 4. As all world events are random, the traditional method of taking him on would be to move to different event locations on the map until the Blighted Revelry event spawns.
However, if you move between zones after completing an event, it will refresh the zone you were previously in, to a new instanced zone.
This means that it will more likely spawn in a new event immediately, with a chance of being the Blighted Revelry event needed for the Red-Cloaked Horror to show up!
If you keep running through the farming method detailed above, you should see the Blighted Revelry event show up at a much faster rate.
Check out this method in action from Diablo 4 YouTuber SleepyRaijin below:
How to Complete the Blighted Revelry Event & Summon the Red-Cloaked Horror
Follow these steps to fight the Red-Cloaked Horror and to complete the Blighted Revelry event in Diablo 4:
- Light the wagon
- At the beginning of the event, you’ll come across a wagon in the middle of the event area with five Frigid Husks surrounding it
- You need to light the wagon in the middle to make the Frigid Husks vulnerable to damage
- Destroy the Frigid Husks
- You need to destroy all five of the Frigid Husks while they are vulnerable
- Monsters will attack you as you try and do this. They will also try to extinguish the fire by attacking the wagon. You’ll need to relight the wagon if they do this
- You need to destroy all the Frigid husks within the time limit to spawn the Red-Cloaked Horror!
- Defeat the Red-Cloaked Horror
- He’s a bit of a tank, but if you dodge through his AOE attacks and fill up his stagger bar, you should make quick work of him!
- Defeating him will give you a variety of loot, including the much sought-after Red-Cloaked Trophy
Farming Red-Cloaked Trophies is a great way to quickly increase the level of the Midwinter Square and to stock up on Midwinter Proofs to get cosmetics.
To find out how to get other important materials during the holiday event, check out our guide on the best way to farm the Midwinter Blight here!