An exploit for Diablo 4 has been discovered, allowing you to move your characters from the Eternal Realm into the Seasonal Realm.
Activating this exploit will grant your Eternal Realm character access to content from the Season of the Malignant.
Find out how to activate the Eternal to Seasonal Glitch below and the potential benefits and consequences of doing so.
How to Activate the Eternal to Seasonal Glitch in Diablo 4
To activate the Eternal to Seasonal exploit in Diablo 4, you need to get into a party with another player in the Seasonal Realm, unplug and disconnect your internet, and then log back into the Seasonal Realm with one of your Eternal Realm characters.
To carry out the Eternal to Seasonal glitch on PC, Xbox Series X|S, and PS5, follow these steps:
- Log in with a Seasonal Realm character
- Get into a party with someone else from the Seasonal Realm
- Disconnect from the internet
- Unplug your ethernet cable from your router
- Wait to see the “Network Disconnect” error pop up on the screen
- Reconnect to the internet – wait a few moments before clicking “Accept”
- After clicking “Accept”, wait to reconnect to the Diablo 4 servers
- You should see “Reconnecting to Diablo 4” in the top left
- Once reconnected, you’ll see a “Warning” message pop up
- Press “Accept”
- Choose an Eternal Realm character and press “Start Game” to log into the game
- Another “Warning” message will pop up after a bit of time
- Press “Accept” and press “Start Game” again
- It should let you into the game on the second attempt
- When loading into the game, you’ll rejoin with your previous party member, who is in the Seasonal Realm
- To complete the glitch, head out of town (until your horse is allowed to sprint) then head back into town
- You should be able to see your party member visible on the screen
- You now have an Eternal character in the Seasonal Realm in Diablo 4!
This exploit was found by YouTuber Glitch Unlimited:
What is the Eternal to Seasonal Glitch in Diablo 4?
The Eternal to Seasonal glitch in Diablo 4 is an exploit that will allow you to use a character from the Eternal Realm in the Seasonal Realm. This grants access to a bunch of content you would otherwise not be able to access.
Here are some of the ways you can benefit from this exploit:
- Eternal Realm characters can find and take back with them Legendary Items with Seasonal Legendary Aspects and Affixes
- Eternal characters cannot access these Seasonal Aspects from the Codex of Power – they are only on gear
- While activated, your Eternal character can increase their XP and gold gain significantly with Season Blessings
- Head to the Season Blessings menu and reassign your Smoldering Ashes into the Urn of Aggression and the Urn of Bargaining for increased XP and gold gain
- You can sell unwanted items from the Eternal Realm at an increased price in the Seasonal Realm using this method
- These buffs will only work for your Eternal character when the glitch is in effect
- You can bring in powerful gear pieces from the Eternal Realm and place them in the Stash for your Seasonal character to use
- This can help your Seasonal character with leveling
Some important things to consider:
It’s very important to note that this exploit (and all of its benefits) will last for as long as your play session. Once you log out and back in again, you’ll need to run through the above process and activate the glitch again.
Despite this, you can still carry over the Seasonal Legendary Aspects, which is reason enough to make this glitch worthwhile for Eternal characters.
On top of that, you can make use of the Seasonal XP buff while playing your Eternal character within the Seasonal Realm. It’s a quick way to level up faster when compared with the Eternal Realm.
Should You Use the Eternal to Seasonal Glitch Exploit in Diablo 4?
No, you shouldn’t. If you use the Eternal to Seasonal glitch exploit in Diablo 4, there’s a very high chance that you will be banned by Blizzard for doing so.
As exploits go, this is a pretty major one. In fact, the community chief for Diablo, Adam Fletcher, has stated that they have already banned “select accounts” for taking part in the exploit.
It’s totally within the realm of possibility that Blizzard would issue bans on profiles that make use of the glitch, as it messes with the balancing of Diablo 4’s Eternal Realm.
This has been confirmed by Diablo fans on the Diablo 4 subreddit:
With all that said, we’d highly recommend not taking the risk by activating the exploit. Either way, it’s likely to be patched out very soon.