Diablo 4 offers players a sprawling world and epic narrative that can be experienced entirely in online and couch co-op.
So, if you were hoping to take a road trip around Sanctuary with your friends as you slay Demons as you go, then absolutely go for it.
However, if you are thinking of playing Diablo 4 in co-op, there are a handful of things you should know first. Fortunately, we’ve got you covered!
Diablo 4 Co-Op Guide
Can You Play Diablo 4 Online Multiplayer & Couch Co-Op?
Yes, you can play Diablo 4 both online with friends or in split-screen local co-op. There are two co-op modes in Diablo 4. These include:
- 4-player online co-op mode
- 2-player split-screen couch co-op mode
Much like the previous games in the Diablo series, you can play the entirety of Diablo 4 with your friends. This includes all open-world activities, the main storyline, and the enormous amount of endgame content.
Keep reading to learn the requirements for playing in both the couch co-op mode and online co-op mode.
How to Play Diablo 4 Online Multiplayer
To play Diablo 4 in online co-op, follow these steps:
- In Diablo 4, open the main menu and select the “Social” tab.
- Next, either choose your friend or click Add a Friend.
- To add a friend, simply insert their BattleTag and have them accept the request on their end.
- Once they’ve accepted, select their username from your Friend’s List.
- Choose Invite to Party.
- The other player must accept the invite before you can start playing together.
You can only have up to three other players join your online party in Diablo 4.
It is also important to note that online multiplayer will only become available once you have reached the city of Kyovashad. So, if you can’t join your friend’s game, make sure you’ve met this requirement first.
How to Play Diablo 4 Couch Co-Op
To play Diablo 4 in couch co-op mode, follow these instructions:
- Both players must have their Battle.net and console accounts linked.
- See below for more information.
- Once linked, connect two controllers to your console.
- Next, Player 1 must select their character.
- Finally, Player 2 needs to press Start on their controller to join.
It’s worth noting that Player 1 needs to have completed the Prologue first (reach Kyovashad) before Player 2 can join.
Additionally, when playing in couch co-op mode, you can invite up to two other players in-game to join them.
This can be done by adding the other players to their Friends List via the Social tab and then choosing Invite to Party, exactly like the online multiplayer process seen above.
To link your Battle.net and console accounts, follow these simple steps:
- Login to your account on the Battle.net website.
- Select your name on the top right and then Account Settings.
- Choose Connections from the menu on the left.
- Pick the console you wish to link to and follow the steps on their website.
Diablo 4 Couch Co-Op Not Working Fixes
Some players have reported issues with the second player taking a long time to join the session and remaining in an invisible queue for a while. If you encounter this problem, troubleshoot with these steps:
- Ensure that both players’ accounts are linked to their respective Battle.net accounts.
- Double-check both controllers are correctly connected to the console.
- Player 2 will not be able to join the session until Player 1 has successfully finished the prologue by reaching Kyovashad, so make sure this condition is met.
- Some players have reported successful couch co-op sessions by adding their Player 2 to a clan. This can be achieved from the Social Tab on the game’s menu.
- Be patient and wait a short while. In most cases, Player 2 will join the session a few minutes later.
- If none of the above works, closing the game and relaunching it tends to resolve most minor issues.
Is Diablo 4 Cross Platform?
Yes, Diablo 4 is cross-platform. This means that players on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation will be able to join each other’s online games.
This applies to all generations of consoles. This means that Xbox One and PlayStation 4 players can play with PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC players.
Friday 17th of March 2023
Bis jetzt keine lokal spielen möglich