The Diablo 4 developers recently held a Campfire Chat stream to make a summary of some of the players’ issues with the recent changes in Patch 1.1 and address what their course of action will be.
Patch 1.1 introduced a lot of nerfs to some of the most popular builds in the game. This upset players who had already felt that Diablo 4 was too difficult to grind when trying to obtain a certain build.
However, Blizzard was listening and finally came out to talk about why they implemented these changes and how they will regain the community’s trust.
Diablo 4 Campfire Chat Summary – All Changes Coming After Patch 1.1
During the Campfire Chat event, the Diablo 4 developers made a summary about how they were looking to improve community trust after Patch 1.1. by implementing some of the following changes:
- Nightmare Dungeons will receive a hotfix on July 21 to increase the monster density inside the dungeons.
- This is an immediate change that is coming shortly after the Campfire Chat stream itself ends.
- Because Nightmare Dungeons are one of the main places to farm XP for players, they wanted to increase the density of monsters so that players could challenge themselves.
- In an upcoming update, Diablo 4 will increase the number of Elixirs that players can stack to 99. This is meant to help players with inventory issues.
- To help players experiment with builds, they are reducing the Respec cost to 40% of what it currently is.
- They also discussed that Loadouts would come to Diablo 4 but in a later season.
- The game will increase the density of enemies in certain areas. As mentioned in this Diablo 4 Campfire Chat summary, this will allow players to obtain better chances at loot and help them farm XP more.
- The Stash will have an added tab sometime during an in-season update. Blizzard did not specify exactly when this update would go live.
- One of their goals is to make it easier for players to level up from Level 50 to Level 100.
- They didn’t mention exactly how in this Diablo 4 Campfire Chat summary, but they wanted players to know that they are working on ways to improve experience gain and progression.
- They believe Tier 100 Nightmare Dungeons are too challenging and want to find a way to make them more accessible to players.
- Leaderboards are planned as a Season 3 update.
- This will give players another reason to try and optimize their builds to climb the rankings.
- The developers believe the builds are too dependent on Vulnerable damage and want to find ways to mitigate this.
- Fixes are coming to address the balancing changes they made to the Barbarian and Sorcerers with Patch 1.1.1.
- Patch 1.1.1 will release sometime in the next few weeks. They will have a stream next Friday to address the changes with the patch before it launches.
- In the future, they will host a stream to discuss upcoming changes a few days before the actual patch goes live.
- This will give them the opportunity to listen to player feedback before the update is installed.
- When creating balancing updates, they will keep in mind the enjoyment of the players and allow certain overpowered builds if necessary.
- They realize they neglected to do this with Patch 1.1 and hope to do better in the future.
Diablo 4 Season 1 just started, so it’s likely that more issues will pop up along the way, but it seems Blizzard is ready to address anything that may show up and fix it quickly.
This Diablo 4 Campfire Chat stream seems like a good summary of most of the major pain points with Season 1. However, only time will tell if fixing these issues, doesn’t create unforeseen new problems.