Blood Harvest events are one of the flagship new features of Diablo 4 Season 2. They are World Events unique to the Season of Blood and are similar to Helltides.
They contain a variety of activities, new Seasonal items, and the Potent Blood needed for unlocking new Vampiric Powers.
Below, we go over everything you need to know about Blood Harvests, including all locations, activities, and rewards in Diablo 4 Season 2.
- Where to Find Blood Harvests in Diablo 4 Season 2
- How to Get Potent Blood in Blood Harvests in Diablo 4
- Diablo 4 Blood Harvest: Seeker Keys and Seekers Caches Explained
- Diablo 4 Blood Harvest: Blood Lures, Blood Seekers & Sanguine Altars Explained
- Blood Lure Pedestals Explained & How to Activate
- Hunter’s Acclaim & Hunter’s Acclaim Board Explained
- Diablo 4 Blood Harvest: Whispers Objectives
Where to Find Blood Harvests in Diablo 4 Season 2
You can find Blood Harvests in Diablo 4 by heading into the map screen and looking out for zones highlighted in green. They can only be active in one area at a time.
Here’s an example of how a Blood Harvest event appears on the map in Diablo 4:
Blood Harvests are comparable to Helltides as they appear at certain regions in Diablo 4’s map and contain specific enemy types and loot.
Blood Harvests will only appear in the following locations in Diablo 4:
- The Kotama Grasslands region in the Dry Steppes
- The Shrouded Moors region in Scosglen
- The Highland Wilds region in Scosglen
- The Forsaken Coast region in Hawezar
Unlike Helltides, when a Blood Harvest event ends, another begins immediately in a different location on the map. You don’t have to wait to take part in another one.
You also do not have to reach Diablo 4’s endgame to engage in a Blood Harvest event. They are available to players as early as level 1.
How to Get Potent Blood in Blood Harvests in Diablo 4
You can get Potent Blood by defeating Vampiric Monsters and taking part in activities within a Blood Harvest event. Blood Harvests are the best place to get Potent Blood in Diablo 4 Season 2.
Potent Blood is a new resource in Season 2 that is used to purchase and upgrade Vampiric Powers. There are 22 Vampiric Powers in total, each giving you a unique and powerful passive bonus.
As an essential resource for Season 2, you’ll want to stock up on as much Potent Blood as you can. Thankfully, Vampiric Monsters have a chance to drop Potent Blood during Blood Harvests, and you can get even more by taking part in various activities within the event.
Diablo 4 Blood Harvest: Seeker Keys and Seekers Caches Explained
Seeker Keys are required to open the various Seekers Caches scattered throughout the Blood Harvest event area.
You can get Seeker Keys as a reward for taking part in random activities during a Blood Harvest and by defeating Blood Seeker enemies.
Opening Seekers Caches have a chance to drop the following in a Blood Harvest event:
- Potent Blood
- Blood Lures
- Cleansing Acid
- Used to remove all Pacts present on a piece of armor
- Standalone Pacts
- These are used to add one of the three Pact Types to Armor required to fulfill Pact requirements for certain Vampiric Powers in Season 2
- Rare equipment – can include a random drop of weapons and armor
Unlike Aberrant Cinders in Helltides, Seeker Keys do not get destroyed when a Blood Harvest ends and can be carried over to the next Blood Harvest event.
Diablo 4 Blood Harvest: Blood Lures, Blood Seekers & Sanguine Altars Explained
Blood Lures are items that can be used to activate Sanguine Altars to summon Blood Seeker enemies during a Blood Harvest event. Defeating Blood Seekers will reward you with Seeker Keys and a significant amount of Potent Blood.
To get Blood Lures, you need to:
- Defeat Vampiric Monsters within Blood Harvests
- Blood Lures have a chance to drop as loot after defeating these enemies
- Open Seekers Caches
- Has a chance to drop Blood Lures after opening
- You will need a Seeker Key to open a Seekers Cache
You need to spend 15 Blood Lures to activate a Sanguine Altar. You can find Sanguine Altars within a Blood Harvest – head to this icon on your map:
After activating a Sanguine Altar, you will summon two Blood Seeker enemies. These are Elite enemies that have a chance to drop the following rewards for defeating them:
- Potent Blood
- Seeker Keys
- 10 Hunter Acclaim Points
Similar to Seeker Keys, Blood Lures do not get destroyed when a Blood Harvest event ends.
Blood Lure Pedestals Explained & How to Activate
Blood Lure Pedestals are used to summon waves of enemies and three bosses for the chance to get lots of powerful Legendary loot for defeating them. There are three Blood Lure Pedestals in total to activate, each costing 50 Blood Lures.
The total cost to initiate the event is 150 Blood Lures, but this cost can be shared with other players in a Blood Harvest.
You can find Blood Lure Pedestals by heading to this icon on the map during a Blood Harvest event:
It is the main green Blood Harvest icon that appears on the map during the event and is usually in the middle of the affected region/zone.
As mentioned, each Pedestal requires 50 Blood Lures to activate. If you want to activate all three of them yourself, it will cost a whopping 150 Blood Lures to do so. However, you can party up with or simply wait around for other players to share this cost.
Once all three Blood Lure Pedestals are activated, you must face and defeat several waves of enemies. After this, you must defeat three bosses:
- Tidao of the Ancients
- Xereph of the Ancients
- Onore of the Ancients
Defeating all enemy waves and the above three bosses will net you a decent chunk of rewards:
- Large amounts of Gold and XP for defeating hordes of enemies and bosses
- Potent Blood and Blood Lures will drop randomly while eliminating the enemy waves and bosses
- Lots of gear
- Completing the event will reward you with a random assortment of Rare and Legendary weapons, armor, and jewelry
- Players are already reporting that this is one of the most efficient ways to farm for Legendary items in Season 2
Hunter’s Acclaim & Hunter’s Acclaim Board Explained
You will earn Hunter’s Acclaim points for defeating enemies, completing events, and taking part in activities during a Blood Harvest in Diablo 4.
Hunter’s Acclaim points are a new form of reputation system in Diablo 4 and go towards unlocking tiers and rewards at a Hunter’s Acclaim Board found in settlements.
You can only earn Hunter’s Acclaim points within a Blood Harvest event by doing the following:
- Defeating enemies
- Summoning and defeating Blood Seekers
- Activating Sanguine Altars gives 15 Hunter Acclaim Points and defeating Blood Seekers gives 10 Hunter Acclaim Points
- Taking part in and completing activities. Here are examples of a few activities that can earn you 5 Hunter’s Acclaim points:
- Saving Restless Spirits
- Freeing Caged Innocents
- Burning Corpse Piles
Hunter’s Acclaim Rewards
After earning enough Hunter’s Acclaim, you can claim a variety of rewards at the Hunter’s Acclaim Boards located across Sanctuary.
You can find a Hunter’s Acclaim Board in one of Diablo 4’s main settlements. It is indicated by this icon on the map:
Once you have increased your Hunter’s Acclaim rank, interact with the Hunter’s Acclaim Board to claim your reward:
There are a total of 18 reward tiers that can be claimed at the Hunter’s Acclaim Board. They include the following:
- Weapon and armor caches
- Exclusive Vampiric Powers
- An assortment of rare crafting items, Potent Blood, and Standalone Pacts
Diablo 4 Blood Harvest: Whispers Objectives
Whenever a Blood Harvest event begins, there will always be three Tree of Whispers objectives available to complete. This is a great way of earning extra XP and loot while taking part in Blood Harvests.
The three Whisper objectives are random, but are usually a mix of the following:
- Defeating specific enemy types
- Defeating Blood Seekers
- Destroying structures
- Rescuing villagers
Whisper objectives are indicated by these icons on the map during a Blood Harvest event:
Completing these Whisper objectives while working towards other activities within a Blood Harvest event is a great way to earn extra XP and rewards during your time in Season 2.
Completing all three Whisper objectives will reward you with 10 Grim Favors, which can be used to claim a Tree of Whispers reward cache at the Tree of Whispers, as well as a huge amount of XP.