There’s a new strategy to farm weapon XP ultra-fast in MW2 Spec Ops mode that’ll help you grind those guns to max level in no time!
Right now, Modern Warfare 2 players are still just beginning their weapon grind and there are already a few tricks to help speed up the process.
First, players discovered that this Invasion AI trick is the most consistent way to level up fast.
Then, a Suppression Mine glitch helped players INSTANTLY max level their guns.
And now, the easiest way to level up weapons fast and get incredible XP has been discovered in Spec Ops. Here’s what you need to know:
Fastest Way to Level Up MW2 Guns in Spec Ops
- First, make sure you have at least 3 total stars in MW2’s Spec Ops mode to unlock the Recon kit. These stars don’t have to be gained in the same level, you can complete each mission once instead if you prefer.
- Here’s a guide to getting 3 stars on all Spec Ops missions to help you out.
- Use a Double Weapon XP token if you have one. Here’s how to get more Double XP tokens in MW2.
- Then, load into a lobby of Defender: Mt Zaya with the Recon Kit.
- When you spawn, grab the gun you want to level up from the wall next to you.
- Then, head over to the Shop next to it and purchase 2 Sentry Turrets.
- Run into the building through door behind the Shop and head towards point A. This will take you through a set of double doors leading outside.
- When you burst through the doors to the outside area, set up one Sentry Gun immediately, pointing toward Site A.
- Then run a few feet to the left and set up another Sentry Gun, facing toward the hole in the ground leading to Site A.
- Immediately throw your Recon kit snapshot tool into the hole ahead. This will ping all nearby enemies and ensure you get assists for additional XP as they die.
- Then, take the gun you want to level up and charge into the bunker ahead.
- Try to kill as many enemies as you can in a short time, racking up a multi-kill. This will increase your XP gain significantly.
- Once all nearby enemies are dead, pause the game and hit Restart Mission, repeating the process.
This will lead to an incredible amount of XP being gained for your weapon of choice! And if you’re consistently able to hit the 9x multi-kill, your gun should level up every 1-2 restarts.
Check out Caspahz‘s video guide on how to use this weapon XP trick to nail it perfectly every time:
The only downside is, not all guns are available on the Defender: Mt Zaya mission. But you can even level up guns you haven’t unlocked yet, so long as they’re present in the list of weapons below!
All Guns in Defender: Mt Zaya
Here are all the guns you can choose from (and level up fast) in the Spec Ops mission Defender: Mt Zaya:
- Bryson 800
- Kastov 545
- Lachman 556
- RAPP H
- Signal 50
If you’re on your weapon XP grind, don’t forget to check out the best MW2 guns to level up for Warzone 2.0!
Plus we’ve got a list of all the MW2 camo challenges for every weapon, for those of you that just have to get those mastery camos!