There's a new update to Black Ops Cold War Zombies' Outbreak mode that adds a radio Easter egg and a new unlock.
One of the most-anticipated updates in Black Ops Cold War history is finally here. Now that Season 2 Reloaded is available to download, players are anxious to see what secrets Treyarch is hiding in its latest update.
And now, a new Cold War Zombies' Outbreak map might just hide one of the mode's most intriguing Easter eggs yet.
How to Complete Cold War Zombies Outbreak Radio Easter Egg
When spawning into Cold War Zombies' Outbreak mode for the first time in Season 2 Reloaded, there's a new radio Easter egg to complete.
Despite it not being present in the Black Ops Cold War Season 2 Reloaded patch notes, it seems that Treyarch is hiding a new secret in-game. This shouldn't be too much of a surprise, seeing as there's a confirmed new Easter egg coming to Outbreak in Season 3.
But it seems that Treyarch is getting the ball rolling early, with a new radio Easter egg arriving in Cold War Zombies' Outbreak mode already. The developer also revealed that Outbreak mode has been a HUGE success for Cold War.
Perhaps that means we'll see the mode return in Call of Duty: WW2 Vanguard.
Fans are noticing a mysterious new radio cropping up in their open-world survival. But how exactly does the new side quest work?
Cold War Zombies Outbreak Radio Easter Egg Guide
- When spawning into a game of Outbreak, check the map for a satellite icon. According to reports, this will appear on your mini-map but not the game's full map.
- Head to the satellite location to find a radio that will be producing a strange noise.
- Then, track down 3 nearby Signal Amplifiers in the area, and interact with them to switch their amplification.
- Once all 3 Amplifiers are producing the same noise as the main radio, head back and interact with the original device.
- If done correctly, players will be rewarded with a selection of points and some intel. On top of this, you'll be given a special reward of a new song to play in the game's menu: Abracadavre.
According to new reports, this new radio side quest can appear in any map of Outbreak mode. It's not exclusive to Cold War Zombies' new Outbreak map - Sanatorium.
But as good as this new update has been for Zombies fans, not all users are happy. After all, there's a new major Cold War Season 2 Reloaded bug that's resetting progress in-game.
But on the upside, another highly-requested feature is reportedly coming later in Cold War Season 2. Hopefully, the Season 2 Reloaded update for Warzone will fix the game being unplayable right now.