A new strategy can help you earn free perks in Cold War Zombies' new Outbreak mode. Here's how to bag them...
Perks are a huge part of Zombies gameplay. You may feel underpowered when you first jump into a game, but that only leaves room for you to boost your abilities and harden up over time at the game's Perk-a-Cola machines.
Fans have always loved these machines and their ability to spice up a game however the player sees fit. And with only limited points to spend, the player has to make serious choices as to whether they should change their moving speed, health pool, or more.
Cold War Zombies' new Outbreak mode is no different, offering players buffs to help them fight across the huge map set at the base of the Ural Mountains. But, as with other maps, there's a secret bonus.
You can often receive perks as special drops, meaning you'll get them for free. The free perk is often random, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.
Gameplay additions like this are exactly what draws fans into Call of Duty's Zombies mode. And with a leaker suggesting that a standalone Zombies game is on the way, there's no better time to get involved.
Outbreak hides a secret trick to earn a free perk that is newly discovered. Here's what you can do to get your hands on the free buff...
How To Get Free Perks In Cold War Zombies' Outbreak
YouTuber Caspahz has revealed exactly how to claim free perks in Outbreak. And you can even perform the same trick round after round.
- First, you need to travel to a specific point on the map. Locate the icon that looks like a row of skulls in a pack formation. You will find it in the "lower farmstead" area along the outskirts of the map.
- At this location, you will find a small radio against a tree. Hold the action button to play the recording.
- Suddenly, a huge blue and purple beam will fire into the sky. Don't worry, it's easily visible; have a look around until you spot it.
- Run to the location of the beam, wherever on the map that may be.
- There, you will find a wave of toughened zombies, often including elite enemies.
- If you are able to take them all out, they will drop a series of items, including that free perk drop. Grab it, and enjoy!
It's an easy trick to get your hands on some free perks. Thankfully, if one player picks it up, every player in the lobby will also receive a free random perk. So don't worry about one of your teammates trying to cheat you out of buffs.
The trick is time-sensitive, so you'll be able to dash back to the location of the radio and go again almost every round. There will be unlimited attempts, and you can keep claiming free perks as long as there are perks you haven't earned yet!
If you're still not finished with the last Zombies map yet, here's our complete guide to Firebase Z.
If you're struggling to get your hands on the shinies, here's how to get Refined and Flawless Aetherium Crystals.
Keep an eye out on GamingIntel for more Outbreak guides like this one.