Cold War's latest update is live for March 18, here are the complete patch notes. The new update has added a bunch of new content to the game as well as some much-needed changes.
Here is the full rundown of all the new content in Black Ops Cold War, including new playlists, weapon updates and more.
If you want to see exactly what has changed in the latest Cold War March update, we've got you covered. Take a look below for everything new in Black Ops Cold War.
Black Ops Cold War March 18 Patch Notes
Cold War's March 18 update has changed the game quite drastically, not only are there some new additions, but there are also a ton of changes that have been implemented.
Interestingly, earlier today we mentioned that Black Ops Cold War's worst weapon would be getting a buff in the latest update. Now it appears that this has finally happened.
In Cold War's March 18 update the E-Tool, which was considered Cold War's worst weapon, has received some changes. This rather underpowered shovel is now a one-hit-kill in MP, making it a much more viable melee choice.
Furthermore, the E-Tool has a faster melee speed as well as giving the player a small movement speed increase when equipped. Overall, the E-Tool should be vastly improved.
Similarly, there are now three new modes in Black Ops Cold War as part of the latest March 18 update. These modes are listed below as follows:
- Stockpile - Eliminate enemies and pick up dog tags to deposit your stash at the objective and earn points for your team.
- Knife Fight 3v3 - A 3v3 Gunfight with rotating and randomized loadouts. The first team to win six rounds will secure the match for their team.
- Combined Arms Moshpit - A New Quick Play playlist which features Combined Arms: Hardpoint, Domination, and Assault
There is expected to be a major weapon balancing update coming in Cold War Season 2 Reloaded. The update is set to completely change the Cold War meta at the moment.
There are even some changes to League Play in the latest Cold War March 18 Patch Notes. To kick off CDL 2021 Stage II, the map pool has been changed significantly.
Furthermore, If you want to know the best weapons and class for Black Ops Cold War League play, check out our guide here.
Here are the new modes and map changes below for competitive Call of Duty players:
- CDL Hardpoint - Added Apocalypse to CDL Hardpoint map rotation / Removed Crossroads Strike from CDL Hardpoint map rotation.
- CDL Search and Destroy - Added Express to CDL Search and Destroy map rotation / Removed Garrison from CDL Search and Destroy map rotation.
Unfortunately, there is as of yet no fix for Cold War's biggest matchmaking issue which is making some players very angry.
Similarly, Cold War players want this clever in-game feature added to Cold War. Perhaps players can expect this to come in a later update.
Despite Treyarch's response to the double weapon XP tokens issue, a fix is not here yet. Here is Treyarch's official post for the full rundown of the March 18 patch notes.
Finally, Call of Duty 2021 is currently being teased in Black Ops Cold War Zombies Outbreak mode. Furthermore, the release date for Call of Duty 2021 has already been leaked ahead of its announcement.