UPDATE – Sunday, June 3
Infinity Ward will include Battle Royale within Call of Duty Modern Warfare, claims YouTuber TheGamingRevolution.
Previously, it appeared as though Activision would be leaving behind a Battle Royale portion in the upcoming iteration of the franchise. This apparently won’t be the case, however.
Modern Warfare Battle Royale
According to the YouTuber, sources have told them Battle Royale is on the horizon, but we might not see it arrive until after the game’s release. The same apparently applies for the confirmed Co-Op mode.
Battle Royale is apparently undergoing two different testing stages in Modern Warfare. The YouTuber has also mentioned that it’s extremely buggy, but this is due to it currently being in the early stages of development.
We’ve listed all the key points from the rumor below.
Highlights from rumor:
- Revive system is currently being tested and is undergoing a host of different tweaks.
- Supply drops are being worked on, but are nowhere near ready for launch. While there are
rumorsof many laws being implemented for supply drops, this could be subject to change.
- Cash system currently called “Plunder.” You are able to find cash on the ground as part of the loot. Once you have acquired this cash, you are allowed to take it to designated ATMs around the map to deposit the money into a bank. If you win the game you are able to keep it, but not if you lose. The cash will allow you to purchase outfits and supply drops within the game.
- Roughly ten different types of vehicles currently in development for Modern Warfare Battle Royale.
- Infinity Ward has taken all the different co-op missions in the game and mixed them all together in a bid to create a huge map and save time.
- There are some elements from previous games within the Modern Warfare franchise.
- The YouTuber was unable to comment on whether it will be free-to-play or not.
- Four player squads
isone of the only things up and running. Solos and Duos will most likely also be on the horizon, however.
- You deploy out of an AC-130.
- Infinity Ward tested the map with 152 players. It is supposedly three times bigger than Blackout’s map in size.
- The map in development features an array of close quarter and open areas.
- Unlike Blackout, the system in this upcoming Battle Royale will follow in the same footsteps as titles like Fortnite. Every weapon in the mode will have pre-set attachments, which cannot be changed or removed. The rarity of the weapon and attachments will depend on its tier level.
- The closing ring is currently scheduled to be a ring of poisonous gas. This can be subject to change, however.
- Infinity Ward has also been testing whether or not to include automatic health regeneration in this segment of the game.
We advise fans to remain highly sceptical. While Modern Warfare is set to release on October 25, many plans can still be subject to change. Additionally, Activision has refused to comment on the matter.
Infinity Ward has only officially confirmed three modes for Modern Warfare so far; Multiplayer, Campaign, and Co-Op. Interestingly, the YouTuber states that Battle Royale will be featured in the Multiplayer section of the menu. Therefore, it won’t have its own standalone part.
Gaming INTEL is not completely sold on the