In addition to a large variety of changes made in the latest Call of Duty Black Ops 4 update, it appears Treyarch have now enabled the final four Zombies characters to be unlocked in Blackout. Whilst there are no prior instructions to help until you check your inventory, many players will undoubtedly experience difficulty when attempting to unlock these. Furthermore, many will also be unaware of where the particular character missions are lurking. Therefore, to make things easier we’ve compiled a guide on how to unlock Zombies characters in Blackout – including Dempsey, Nikolai, Richtofen, and Takeo.
How to Unlock Zombies Characters in Blackout
PLEASE NOTE: These character missions are currently only available on PS4. Xbox One and PC will follow suit one week later.
How to Unlock Dempsey in Blackout
The “Juggernog Bottle” mission item can be acquired from inside the infamous Nuketown Bunker. Please keep in mind that you’re not always guaranteed to obtain the item when rummaging through Nuketown Island’s Underground Bunker.
- Kill an enemy with any grenade.
- Finish the match with Juggernog Bottle in Inventory
How to Unlock Nikolai in Blackout
The “Russian Tanker Hat” mission item can be found from inside the Graveyard located next to Asylum.
- Place Top 3 in Squads, Top 5 in Duos, or Top 10 in Solos.
- Finish the match Russian Tanker Hat in Inventory.
How to Unlock Richtofen in Blackout
The “Blood Vials” mission item can be found acquired from interacting with the Blood Fountain in Asylum.
- Place Top 2 in Squads, Top 3 in Duos, or Top 5 in Solos.
- Finish the match with Blood Vials in Inventory.
How to Unlock Takeo in Blackout
The “Emperor’s Note” mission item can be found in the top floor of the Lighthouse by interacting with a Typewriter.
- Do not use any equipment (Grenades, Barricades, Sensor Darts, etc.)
- Place Top 4 in Squads, Top 8 in Duos, or Top 15 in Solos.
- Finish match with Emperor’s Note in Inventory.
SOURCE: Reddit (u/The_Beebat)
The difficulty of these Black Ops 4 Blackout character missions vary. Whilst some may be easy to acquire, actually completing them may require a little more skill. Once you’ve completed the character mission for one in particular, you’ll be able to use it in-game after selecting it through the customisation menu.