Getting hold of and upgrading the Black Ops Cold War Zombies Wonder Weapon is the best way to make it through the game. Here's how it's done.
The Wonder Weapon in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies is a powerful gun that can be upgraded in various ways. Getting hold of the weapon is easy, but it takes some know-how.
Thankfully, we're here to tell you exactly how the process is done with a step-to-step guide. Without further ado, here's how to get your hands on the Wonder Weapon in Cold War's Die Maschine.
How to Get the Wonder Weapon in Die Maschine
To first get your hands on the powerful Wonder Weapon, there's a quick and easy strategy that leaves you with a room full of dead zombies and a free gun. Here's how it's done:
- The first step in getting the Wonder Weapon is to turn on the Pack-a-Punch.
- After that, wait for a Megaton Zombie to spawn - this usually occurs between Round 7-11.
- Once you've eliminated the Megaton Zombie and his two halves, a yellow Keycard can be found in the loot pile.
- Head to the Weapons Lab, where the Nuke can be found, and insert the Keycard into the corner's computer.
- Collect the D.I.E Remote Control from the computer and take it to the original Nacht der Untoten area.
- Get a horde of zombies chasing you; they'll be needed to collect your Wonder Weapon.
- Head to the Living Room's crack in the wall, and hold Square, X, or F to interact.
- The metal door with a slot at the top is now a zombie-killing trap, but it won't be active for long. Guide your undead following in front of the door.
- Head back to the crack in the wall and discharge the D.I.E.
- The metal door will explode outwards, and your Wonder Weapon is ready to collect!
Should you not manage to draw enough zombies into the trap to complete the process, simply wait a while and try again. The zombie trap is entirely free, and it's an excellent way to dispatch the undead.
But now we've got our Wonder Weapon, how do we upgrade it?
Black Ops Cold War Zombies: How to Upgrade the Wonder Weapon in Die Maschine
Once you've got the Wonder Weapon in Cold War's Zombie mode, there's a way to upgrade it. Infusing the gun with one of four elemental damages is a sure-fire way to become a true zombie slayer.
Here's how the upgrade process is done, for each ammo type:
Electrobolt Wonder Weapon Upgrade
- Head back to the Particle Accelerator/Pack-a-Punch room, and use the Dark Aether portal.
- Head upstairs and back outside.
- Make sure your Wonder Weapon does not have full ammo, as it cannot draw in energy when fully-loaded.
- Find 3 yellow crystals around the map, and suck in energy from each of them. Crystals can be found at the Pond, Penthouse (rooftop of Nacht der Untoten), and Crash Site.
- Do not fire your weapon, and instead head to the Particle Accelerator room once again.
- Whether in the Dark Aether or not, fire at this small box in the corner (shown below) to collect the Dark Aether crystals.
- Repeat the process 2 more times to collect each crystal. It's worth mentioning that the Particle Accelerator portal won't come back until one in the Pond is used first.
- Once you've completed the 3rd and final crystal harvest, collect your Electrobolt upgrade for the Wonder Weapon.
Nova-5 Wonder Weapon Upgrade
- Head to Nacht der Untoten's rooftop and find a yellow highlighted canister just out of reach.
- Make sure you don't have full ammo and suck the Empty Canister towards you before picking it up.
- Go to the Weapons Lab, where the Nuke is found, and drop down underneath the bomb.
- To the right-hand side, assuming you're coming into the Weapons Lab from above, there's an area on the wall to place your canister.
- When you encounter a Plague Hound round, be sure to kill the enemies near this canister, which will fill up with gas.
- Take your now full canister to the Crash Site, and you'll see a Weapon Crate covered with vines off to the side.
- Place the canister down and shoot it, getting rid of the vines, then collect your Nova-5 upgrade for the Wonder Weapon.
Thermophasic Wonder Weapon Upgrade
- Head to the Crash Site's cockpit, and shoot a metal box that's concealed underneath the wreckage.
- The fusebox will flip open, but you'll need to go to the Dark Aether to collect a Fuse.
- Also, while in the Dark Aether, head to the Weapons Lab, go underneath the Nuke, and just opposite the Deadshot Daquiri machine, you'll find a Plasma Cutter.
- Place the Fuse in the Plasma Cutter, and it will turn on.
- Back in the regular world, head to the Pond and a Weapon Crate is sitting on the back of a truck.
- Collect your Thermophasic upgrade for the Wonder Weapon.
Cryo-Emitter Wonder Weapon Upgrade
- Head to the top of Nacht der Untoten and shoot a wooden crate with your base Wonder Weapon.
- The box will fall, leaving behind an Empty Flask back on the ground for you to collect.
- Now, we need to wait until a Megaton Zombie spawns and bring it to the Pond.
- Baiting the Megaton Zombie into attacking a purple fungus on a tree in the Pond will trigger an audio cue.
- Place the Empty Flask under the fungus and wait for it to fill up.
- Take your newly-filled item to the Medical Bay, and pour it on the box below.
- Collect your Cryo-Emitter upgrade for the Wonder Weapon.
Now, we finally have all upgrades for the Wonder Weapon in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies. Of course, you can only make use of one of these ammo variants at a time, so choose wisely.
If you'd like to see this guide in video form, check out this great video by YouTuber MrRoflWaffles, who was integral to providing us with this information.
If you're looking for further Black Ops Cold War Zombie Guides, make sure you check out how to Exfil in Die Maschine. And for those of you wanting to unlock everything in the game, here's how to rank up fast in Black Ops Cold War.
Meanwhile, Call of Duty fans everywhere are just now learning that they're not playing Black Ops Cold War at its best settings. If you want to get a real advantage in-game, this is how you beat the competition.