As we leave January behind, Best Buy has shifted its strategy, hosting several small online regional restocks in the past few days.
Despite this new mething in place, it is still one of the hardest retailers to get one from even when using a particular trick involving chat support. Unfortunately, this method is not as easy to pull off as it used to.
Stay tuned with us, learn how the chat trick works and other methods you can try to get your PS Portal from Best Buy .
Best Way to Get Your PS Portal From Best Buy (Jan 29- Feb 4)
The best way to get a PlayStation Portal from Best Buy is by participating in its recent online regional restocks.
It is still hard to get a unit in these restocks, to improve your chances at getting one, you have two options:
- Using Best Buy’s customer service chat system to place an order
- Take advantage of Best Buy’s updated reservation queue system to improve your odds
Here’s what we know about Best Buy PlayStation Portal restocks so far:
- Product Page Link: PlayStation Portal at Best Buy
- Restock Pattern: Best Buy has shifted from late-night and early-morning restock patterns for the PlayStation Portal to more random smaller regional online drops.
- Restocks have been happening anywhere from 9 AM to 5 PM ET and even some midnight drops.
- Days of the Week: Restocks have happened every day of the week, Sunday included.
- Time of Day:
- Evening / Late Night: 7 PM – 1 AM ET
- Early Morning: 5 AM – 9 AM
- Afternoon: 12 PM – 5 PM
Tips for Best Buy
- Before trying to buy from this retailer, we encourage you to read our guide on their updated queue reservation system for the PlayStation Portal.
- Understanding these details will help you understand the checkout process beforehand, increasing your odds as you’ll know what to expect.
- One of the best options to get your PlayStation Portal from Best Buy is the live chat ordering trick. However, some gamers are reporting this trick is getting harder to achieve as some live chat staff now redirects customers back to the website to place orders.
- This trick involves contacting Best Buy’s live chat from their support page and asking the agent for help purchasing an item. Once this step is complete, provide them with the SKU (6562576) of the PlayStation Portal.
- This ordering method is even more helpful when done during an actual restock.
- If you try this trick, make sure you do so on a PC or a device with a physical keyboard. Choosing this option will make providing all the necessary information to the customer service agent easier and faster.
- Keep vigilant for midnight ET restocks that will most likely have less traffic.
- Before you start looking for stock, always make sure you are logged into your Best Buy account and that all your billing and shipping information is up to date.
- If you encounter any sort of checkout issue during your PS Portal purchase, try Apple Pay! Some gamers have reported success at bypassing checkout errors using this payment method.
- Have your cellphone handy, as sometimes Best Buy could ask for a Two-Factor Authorization (2FA) code during checkout.
- To know more about this feature and be ready if it pops up during checkout, read Best Buy’s 2FA support page here for further information.
byu/saraahhh12 from discussion
Want to try your luck with different stores for PlayStation Portal restocks? We’ve got the best tips for Amazon, Target, and more!