The Rogue is one of the strongest classes in Diablo 4 Season 1, but you need to know the best leveling build to help you get through all the new content.
Starting a character from Level 1 isn’t always easy, especially when it’s a class you haven’t played before. When using the Rogue class, you must carefully manage your resources and vitality.
This guide will break down the best Rogue Diablo 4 Season 1 Leveling Build to help you reach World Tier 3 and 4 without breaking a sweat.
Rogue Diablo 4 Season 1 Leveling Build Guide
The Rogue Twisting Blades Build is the best leveling build for the Rogue in Diablo 4 Season 1.
Here’s a breakdown of the skills required to make the best use of the build (numbers indicate how many skill points are allocated):
|Skill Type||Skill Name||Enhancement||Upgrade||Cluster Passives|
|Basic||1 Puncture||1 Enhanced Puncture||1 Fundamental Puncture||–|
|Core||5 Twisting Blades||1 Enchanced Twisting Baldes||1 Advanced Twisting Blades||1 Sturdy|
3 Siphoning Strikes
3 Stutter Step
|Agility||1 Shadow Step|
|1 Enhanced Shadow Step|
1 Enhanced Dash
|1 Methodical Shadow Step|
1 Disciplined Dash
|3 Weapon Mastery|
|Subterfuge||1 Dark Shroud|
1 Poison Trap
|1 Enhanced Dark Shroud|
1 Enhanced Poison Trap
|1 Countering Dark Shroud||3 Exploit|
|Imbuement||–||–||–||1 Deadly Venom|
3 Debilitating Toxins
1 Alchemical Advantage
3 Trap Mastery
1 Adrenaline Rush
|Key Passive||1 Momentum||–||–|
The final version of the Twisting Blades Rogue build requires players to reach Level 50 and earn 8 skill points from Renown in Diablo 4. This will total up to 58 skill points.
As you progress through the game, you should obtain the skills in the order they are presented above. However, feel free to experiment with your own variations, especially in the game’s early stages.
It is free to respec your character when you are under Level 15. Use this information to your advantage to allow you to test out the beginning of different builds.
How to Use Twisting Blades Rogue Build in Diablo 4 Season 1
The Twisting Blades Rogue build is built around the Twisting Blades Core Skill. When the Twisting Blades skill is activated, you’ll deal moderate damage to a single target enemy and then release returning blades that will follow you and deal damage to all in your path.
It’s build is one of the fastest leveling builds in the entire game. It fuses significant damage output with very high mobility skills.
The general idea is to rely on your supplemntary mobility skills to move strategically between targets. To make the most impact, you’ll need to line up the returning blades to hit as many enemies as you can.
Every other skill in the build is picked to augment and enhance this ability, and in turn, Twisting Blades reduces the Cooldowns of all of these other abilities.
Best Malignant Hearts for Rogue Leveling Build Diablo 4 Season 1
Malignant Heart are a new feature added with Diablo 4’s Season 1 and are items with powerful passive effects that be slotted into your Jewlery.
You’ll want to keep your eye out for for a select few that are particularly powerful for Rogues running the Twisting Blades Build. Here they are with their corresponding effects (for a level 20 character):
- Caged Heart of Revenge
- 10-20% of incoming damage is instead suppressed. When you use a Defensive, Subterfuge or a Macabre skill, all suppressed damage is amplified by 250% and explodes, dealing up to 1360-2040 Fire damage to Nearby enemies.
- Caged Heart of the Dark Dance
- Every 5 seconds while above 60% Life, Core Skills cost 68-51 Life instead of your Primary Resource. Skills that consume Life deal 10-20% increased damage.
- Caged Heart of the Vile Apothecary
- Your attacks have a 5-15% chance to apply all Imbuement effects at 40-50% of normal potency.
- Caged Heart of the Picana
- Critical Strikes electrically charge the enemy for 0.75-2.50 seconds, causing lightning to arc between them and any other charged enemies dealing 68-136 Lightning damage.
- Caged Heart of Tempting Fate (only accessible in World Tier 3 or 4)
- You gain 40-60% Critical Strike Damage but your Non-Critical Strikes deal 20-15% less damage.
There are 32 Malignant Hearts in total. Check our extensive list on all Malignant Hearts in Diablo 4, what they do, and how to get them.
Best Legendary Aspects for Rogue Leveling Build Diablo 4 Season 1
The best Legendary Aspects for the Rogue leveling build in Diablo 4 Season 1 should include buffs to either your Attack Speed, Critical Strike, Defense, and general mobility.
Here are some of the most effective Legendary Aspects (and their details) for leveling your Rogue in Seaosn 1 of Diablo 4:
- Accelerating Aspect
- Critical Strikes with Core Skills increase your Attack Speed by [15 – 25%] for 3 seconds.
- Edgemaster’s Aspect
- Skills deal up to [10–20%] increased damage based on your available Primary Resource when cast, receiving the maximum benefit while you have full Primary Resource.
- Aspect of Disobedience
- You gain [0.25 – 0.50%] increased Armor for 4 seconds when you deal any form of damage, stacking up to [15.00 – 30.00%].
- Smiting Aspect
- You have [10 – 20%] increased Critical Strike Chance against Injured enemies. While you are healthy gain [20 – 40%] increased Crowd Control Duration.
Rogue Leveling Tips to Reach World Tier 3
Before you set out to complete your Rogue Leveling Build, you need to understand how to level it up to get Skill Points for your build.
Here are some tips to help you reach Level 50 and World Tier 3 in Diablo 4 Season 1:
- If you’re a Solo player, then start in World Tier 1 to level up more efficiently.
- World Tier 2 gives players 20% more XP, but it can actually make the player level up slower due to how long it takes to kill enemies.
- When you reach Level 50, unlock World Tier 3 with the capstone dungeon.
- Start in World Tier 2 if you play with a group.
- This will give you 20% more XP due to the World Tier and an extra 10% XP when you are within one screen of any party member. If you use an Elixir, this will boost you an extra 5%.
- Players can boost their XP by up to 35% if they play their cards correctly.
- After you reach Level 50, complete the capstone dungeon to unlock World Tier 3.
- If this is not your first character, skip the campaign to access the Whispering Tree and carry over your map progress.
- This will also allow players to participate in the seasonal events immediately if they play in the Seasonal Realm.
- Certain items will give your skills an added rank. Try to find items that will boost the skills of your current build.
- It is better to have an item suited to your build, even if it is lower in Item Power.