There are version-exclusive Pokemon in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet The Teal Mask DLC that you can only obtain by trading with other players, which is why it’s important to know the best trade codes available.
Trade codes allow players to target specific Pokemon trades via the Link Trade method in-game. This gives you a bit more control over which Pokemon you’re receiving rather than it being completely random.
However, to make the most of it, you need to know which Trade Codes are currently popular for The Teal Mask DLC and where to enter them.
Best Pokemon Scarlet & Violet The Teal Mask DLC Trade Codes
Here are the best current trade codes for Pokemon Scarlet & Violet The Teal Mask DLC:
|Pokemon||Trade Code||Why You Should Trade|
|Gilgar (Scarlet) and Aipmon (Violet)||0207 – 0190||Version Exclusive Pokemon|
|Cramorant (Scarlet) and Morpeko (Violet)||0845 – 0877||Version Exclusive Pokemon|
|Graveler||0075 – 0075||Evolves into Golem when traded.|
|Haunter||0093 – 0093||Evolves into Gengar when traded.|
|Gurdurr||0533 – 0533||Evolves into Conkeldurr when traded.|
|Phantump||0708 – 0708||Evolves into Trevenant when traded.|
|Poliwhirl (Holding King’s Rock)||0061 – 0061||Evolves into Politoed when traded while holding a King’s Rock.|
|Feebas (Holding Prism Scale)||0349 – 0349||Evolves into Milotic when traded while holding a Prism Scale.|
|Dusclops (Holding Reaper Cloth)||0356 – 0356||Evolves into Dusknoir when traded while holding a Reaper Cloth.|
|Turtwig and Chimchar||0387 – 0390||Swap starter Pokemon with other trainers to help complete Pokedex.|
|Turtwig and Piplup||0387 – 0393||Swap starter Pokemon with other trainers to help complete Pokedex.|
|Chimchar and Turtwig||0390 – 0387||Swap starter Pokemon with other trainers to help complete Pokedex.|
|Chimchar and Piplup||0390 – 0393||Swap starter Pokemon with other trainers to help complete Pokedex.|
|Piplup and Turtwig||0393 – 0387||Swap starer Pokemon with other trainers to help complete Pokedex.|
|Piplup and Chimchar||0393 – 0390||Swap starter Pokemon with other trainers to help complete Pokedex.|
These are all the best trade codes to use in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet The Teal Mask DLC in order to obtain all Pokemon and move closer to completing your Pokedex. This will also allow you to trade for your favorite starters or region-specific Pokemon.
How to Use Trade Codes in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet The Teal Mask DLC
You can use trade codes in the Link Trade function of Pokemon Scarlet & Violet found in the Poke Portal. After accessing Link Trade, you’ll have the option of entering your Link Code.
- Press X to bring up your in-game menu.
- Head into the Poke Portal option.
- From here, choose Link Trade.
- Enter the trade code that you want to use.
- Press Begin Searching to find another trainer to trade with.
- Once a partner is found, choose the Pokemon that you are trading away.
- Make sure the Pokemon you are receiving is the one you want. There is a chance it could be the same Pokemon you are trading away.
- Choose Trade It! to finalize the trade and receive your new Pokemon.
When you use a trade code, you are narrowing down your search to other trainers who are looking for similar trades as you. However, this does not guarantee that you will find the exact trade you expect.
This is more of a player-based solution and not a foolproof in-game mechanic to help you get certain Pokemon.
This is one of the best ways to obtain Pokemon that are exclusive to either Scarlet or Violet. However, if you’re looking for trade codes for the base game of Pokemon Scarlet & Violet, then we have you covered!
How Creating Trade Codes Work
Trade Codes are a valuable tool to use to help you complete your Pokedex, especially when looking for other Starter Pokemon or version-exclusive Pokemon. However, to make the most of it, it’s important to understand how the community creates Trade Codes.
First, you need to know how to find each Pokemon’s specific trade code.
- A Pokemon’s trade code is the same number as its rank in the Pokedex.
- If you’re searching for a particular Pokemon’s trade code from the Teal Mask DLC, then you can simply search for it on the national Pokedex. Whatever the rank of the Pokemon on the National Pokedex will be the trade code in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
- If you are searching for a particular Pokemon in the base version of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, then you’ll want to use its rank on the Paldea Pokedex.
- For example, Sprigatito’s national Pokedex number is 0001. This means if you want to search for a trade involving Sprigatito, you’d use 0001 in your Link Code.
- However, you may have noticed that a Link Code is made up of eight digits. This is because you need two separate Pokemon in order to perform a Link Trade.
- You need the trade code of the Pokemon you want to receive and the trade code of the Pokemon you want to trade away.
To help you understand, here is an example using the trade codes for the three starter Pokemon in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet:
- Sprigatito – 001
- Fuecoco – 0004
- Quaxly – 0007
To create trade codes with these Pokemon, here is what you would do:
- Sprigatito for Fuecoco.
- Combine 0001 + 0004 to create the Link Code 0001-0004.
- Fuecoco for Quaxly.
- Combine 0004+ 0007 to create the Link Code 0004-0007.
- Quaxly for Sprigatito.
- Combine 0007+ 0001 to create the Link Code 0007-0001.
Most times, you want to trade a Pokemon for a different Pokemon, but there are times when trading is essential if you want to evolve your Pokemon.
Here is an example of using Link Codes to help with evolution trading:
- If you want to obtain a Gengar by evolving a Haunter, then you’d only need the Haunter’s trade code, 0093.
- Enter the trade code twice in the Link Trade.
- The Link Code would look like this: 0093 – 0093.
- This will help you find other trainers hoping to obtain Gengar from Haunter.
That is essentially how you create trade codes in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet so that you can try and set up link trades that will help you complete your Pokedex. But it’s worth noting that not every combination will give you results, and sometimes you may not find another trainer to trade with.