With Black Ops Cold War having been out for nearly a week now, players are finally confirming the best Perks to use in Multiplayer.
Perks are significant bonuses that help truly define each Black Ops Cold War class. There are a total of 15 unique perks in the game, with many returning favorites from past titles.
Players can equip 3 perks in total, but those who opt for the Perk Greed Wildcard will be able to choose an additional trio of Perks alongside their initial selection.
But which are the best Perks to run in the Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer? Let's start by taking a look at the full roster:
All Black Ops Cold War Perks Explained
- Engineer: Detect enemy equipment and scorestreaks through walls. See enemy scorestreaks on your mini-map. Re-roll your care packages.
- Paranoia: Hear an alert when an enemy aims at you. Your vision pulses if the enemy is outside of your view.
- Flak Jacket: Take less damage from enemy explosives and Molotov fires.
- Tactical Mask: Maximized resistance to flashbang and stun grenade. Immune to gas.
- Forward Intel: See indicators for enemy reinforcements on your minimap. Minimap shows a larger area.
- Assassin: Enemies that appear on your minimap when shooting or revealed by a Spy Plane will have a crosshair indicator instead of a red dot if they are on a Killstreak. Receive extra Score for taking them down.
- Gear Head: Reduce Field Upgrade cool down. Store up to two Field Upgrade charges.
- Scavenger: Replenish ammo from fallen players.
- Quartermaster: Recharge equipment over 25 seconds.
- Tracker: See Imprint of enemy footsteps. Aim at enemies to reveal them on your team’s minimap.
- Gung-Ho: Fire your weapon and use Equipment while sprinting. Move at full speed when reloading. Switch weapons faster. Take less damage from falling. Fire more accurately when sliding.
- Ghost: Undetectable by enemy Spy Planes whenever you are moving, planting or defusing bombs, or controlling scorestreaks.
- Cold Blooded: AI-controlled scorestreaks will not target you. Player-controlled scorestreaks will not highlight you. Show up cold on thermal. Players in vehicles won’t see your nameplate.
- Ninja: Sprint more quietly. Resistant to Field Mic when sprinting. Speak only when necessary.
- Spy-craft: Hack enemy Field Upgrades. Immune to Counter Spy Plane, Jammer, Tracker, and Paranoia. Won’t trigger Proximity Mines or Gas Mines. Booby trap enemy Care Packages.
Which Black Ops Cold War Perks Are Best in Multiplayer?
Obviously, these answers are completely down to the classes you like to run. If you're sprinting around the map like a maniac with a short-range weapon, chances are, you might want to run Gung-Ho.
However, for most Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War players, these are the Perks best for Multiplayer action:
Perk 1: Flak Jacket, Tactical Mask
There are a lot of grenades flying about in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. Right from the get-go, everyone comes equipped with a Frag and Stun Grenade to use in their classes.
If you're caught by either, you're pretty much done for. There's little chance of recovery when an enemy knows your location and pops a Stun Grenade.
That's why these two perks are essential to run in basic multiplayer. If you're a fan of sniping, consider Paranoia instead to make sure enemies are less likely to get the drop on you.
Perk 2: Scavenger, Quartermaster
Scavenger is a long-time favorite perk for Call of Duty fans everywhere. If you're running around the map on a long killstreak, there's a high chance that you're going to run out of ammo.
Make sure you don't have to swap your incredible MP5 build for some substandard SMG, by running Scavenger. Quartermaster is another good Perk if you've got a slot for it.
With how good grenades are in Black Ops Cold War, you'll never be left wanting. You can throw new projectiles every 25 seconds, keeping the pressure on enemy objectives.
Perk 3: Ghost, Ninja
Spy Planes are one of Black Ops Cold War's best Scorestreaks. In fact, they've always been one of the strongest rewards in the game, and they're incredibly cheap.
With that in mind, why not conceal yourself from them permanently with Ghost? Of course, you do have to stay on the move, which is where Ninja comes in.
No longer will your character make enough noise to alert the enemy with every step. You'll also be hidden from Field Mics, one of the most common Field Upgrades in the game, when sprinting.
You'll certainly need to take advantage of these Perks to complete the Black Ops Cold War Dark Ops challenges. Make sure to add them to your favorite classes and you'll be ranking up fast in Black Ops Cold War.