The M16 has returned to the Modern Warfare series in MW2 – here’s the best loadout for it as well as how you can unlock it!
While burst-fire guns may not be the go-to weapon for many Call of Duty players, they can be devastating at mid and long-range if your aim is on-point.
What’s more, out of all of the burst-fire guns in the CoD games, they don’t come more iconic than the M16!
Once you get the hang of the new Gunsmith 2.0 system in Modern Warfare 2, you’ll be ready to unlock the M16, level it up, and make the best loadout for it. Here’s everything you need to know!
Read More: Best Modern Warfare 2 Controller Settings
How to Unlock the M16 in Modern Warfare 2
- To unlock the M16 in MW2, you first need to level up the M4 until level 16
- This will unlock the 556 Icarus LMG, which you can select from the Receiver system
- Use the 556 Icarus in-game until it reaches level 13
- You should now have the M16 unlocked!
Now that you know how to unlock the M16, you’ll want to know the best M16 loadout to reduce its recoil and increase your accuracy with the weapon.
Additionally, while you’re unlocking guns, here’s how to unlock the Lachmann Sub (MP5) and the best loadout for it!
Best M16 Loadout Build & Attachments in MW2
- Muzzle: Forge-Tac Castle Comp
- Optic: Cronen Mini Red Dot
- Stock: Demo Fade Pro Stock
- Rear Grip: Sakin ZX Grip
- Underbarrel: VX Pineapple Vert Grip
Also, find out the best guns and loadouts to use in the MW2 Beta. The M16 is powerful, but there are some even better guns you should give a go!
Meanwhile, if it is a short-range gun you’re after, try out the best FSS Hurricane loadout in Modern Warfare 2. For anyone running Overkill, you could even use it alongside the M16!