This MW2 Kastov-74u meta AR loadout shreds through enemies and can potentially take down an entire team with one clip.
The Kastov-74u is already showing that it’s miles above other ARs, but if you want to use it to its full potential, you’ll need to build your class around it.
- Best MW2 Kastov-74u Loadout Build & Attachments
- How to Unlock the Kastov-74u (AK-74u) in Modern Warfare 2
- Best Secondary to Use With the Kastov-74u
- Best Perks to Use With the Kastov-74u in MW2
- Best Equipment to Use With the Kastov-74u in MW2
- Best Field Upgrade to Use With Kastov-74u
- Best Alternatives to the Kastov-74u
Best MW2 Kastov-74u Loadout Build & Attachments
The 5 best attachments for the Kastov-74u in MW2 improve its recoil control without sacrificing bullet damage:
- Muzzle: RF Crown 50 (Unlocked at TAQ-56 Level 16)
- Barrel: Shorttac 330MM (Unlocked at Kastov-74u Level 16)
- Underbarrel: Merc Foregrip (Unlocked at TAQ-V Level 6)
- Stock: VLK Stockless (Unlocked at Kastov-74u Level 19)
- Rear Grip: True-Tac Grip (Unlocked at Vaznev-9K Level 10)
Use our tips on leveling up weapons quickly to unlock all of these attachments in no time.
The RF Crown 50 Muzzle helps improve your overall recoil control. It does slow down your ADS by a bit, but with this class, you’re looking to get your recoil control as high as possible.
With the Shorttac 330MM, your recoil control receives another boost, and it also improves your Bullet Velocity. This will allow you to hit your shots more accurately and quickly.
The Merc Foregrip is all about increasing your overall accuracy while also improving your recoil controller. It will slow down your mobility, but we’ll fix that with the next attachment.
With the VLK Stockless, you’re looking to bring back some of that lost mobility and handling. It’ll give you a much-needed boost after all the last attachments made those stats take a hit. This class is all about balance.
Finally, the True-Tac Grip brings up your Sprint to Fire Speed and overall Handling without sacrificing too much accuracy.
All these attachments together create the perfect balance of Recoil Control, Accuracy, and Mobility. When paired up with the high TTK of the Kastov-74u, it gives you one of the deadliest weapons in MW2.
How to Unlock the Kastov-74u (AK-74u) in Modern Warfare 2
To unlock the Kastov-74u, you need to level up the Kastov 545 to Level 13. To do this, you need to follow this Weapon Platform path:
- Reach Rank 23 to unlock the Kastov 762 and the Kastovia Platform.
- Level up the Kastov 762 to Level 10 to unlock the Kastov 545.
- Finally, reach Level 13 with the Kastov 545 to unlock the Kastov-74u.
You can see every Weapon Platform path in Modern Warfare 2 here.
Best Secondary to Use With the Kastov-74u
The best secondary weapon to use with the Kastov-74u is the Basilisk handgun due to its extended range and damage.
The Basilisk is lethal at any range and can quickly finish off an enemy that is looking to gain distance from you to regroup.
It’s also great when you see an enemy from afar and want to inflict a heavy dose of damage.
Best Perks to Use With the Kastov-74u in MW2
The best perks to use with the Kastov-74u meta AR in Modern Warfare 2 are:
- Battle Hardened
- Fast Hands
You can see a full list of every perk and when you can unlock it here.
Best Kastov-74u Base Perks
The best Base Perks for the Kastov-74u are Battle Hardened and Scavenger. With Battle Hardened, you’ll be able to reduce the effects of most tactical equipment. This will allow you to keep your aim steady despite the chaos going on around you.
With Scavenger, you’ll be able to keep your primary weapon full of ammo since it can run out quickly when running and gunning with the Kastov-74u.
Best Kastov-74u Bonus Perk
The best Bonus Perk to use with the Kastov-74u in Modern Warfare 2 is Fast Hands because they’ll allow you to keep your weapon loaded even when you’re in the middle of a gunfight.
Best Kastov-74u Ultimate Perk
The best Ultimate Perk is Quick Fix because it triggers health regen whenever you eliminate a player. This will allow you to push an objective more comfortably and defeat multiple enemies.
Best Equipment to Use With the Kastov-74u in MW2
- Tactical – Flash Grenade
- Lethal – Drill Charge
The Flash Grenade is useful when you are pushed back into a corner. You can use it to blind your enemies and quickly take down a few and reposition yourself.
With the Drill Charge, you give yourself a second option when facing an enemy using cover, especially when it might be on higher ground.
The Drill Charge can eliminate them or cause them to jump out of cover.
Best Field Upgrade to Use With Kastov-74u
The best Field Upgrade to use with the Kastov-74u is Dead Silence.
Dead Silence allows you to push and flank your enemies without your footsteps being heard. It’s excellent because the Kastov-74u has such a fast TTK.
This means that you can flank your enemies and eliminate them before they even have a chance to aim at you.
Read More – All Field Upgrades in Modern Warfare 2
Best Alternatives to the Kastov-74u
The best alternative to the Kastov-74u is the M4 no-recoil build. Since the M4 is one of the first few weapons you unlock, it’s easy to get familiar with, and it is a consistent weapon with almost no recoil.
Other alternative weapons include:
- Taq-56 – This Taq-56 loadout build is meant to be a jack of all trades. It can hold its own at any range, has a low TTK, and has great recoil control.
- Vaznev-9K – The Kastov-74u is an AR but with similarities to many SMGs. This Vaznev-9K loadout is one of the fastest TTK weapons in MW2. Perfect for anyone looking to go on a high-kill streak.