Warzone 2 and MW2 just nerfed akimbo pistols significantly, but in the right loadouts the weapons are still dominant in Season 1 Reloaded.
If you saw the patch notes and your heart dropped, you’re not alone. For akimbo pistol users, Season 1 Reloaded was a gut punch.
Thankfully, the akimbo pistols aren’t down and out just yet. Here are the loadouts you need to be using to compensate for the recent patch.
Best Akimbo Pistol Loadouts in Warzone 2 & MW2
The Akimbo X13 Auto Pistol is now a dominant force, being the only pistol not to receive a nerf in Season 1 Reloaded. However, with some adjusting, the Basilisk and P890 can both be excellent options when kitted out in the loadouts below:
Akimbo X13 Loadout
- Muzzle: CN30 Suppressor – Unlocked at Rank 10
- Barrel: XRK LUC-9 – Unlocked at X13 Auto Level 7
- Magazine: 50 Round Drum – Unlocked at X13 Auto Level 18
- Laser: XTEN Sidearm-L400 – Unlocked at X12 Level 14
- Rear Grip: Akimbo X13 – Unlocked at X12 Level 19
With the fastest rate of fire out of any akimbo pistol, the X13 Auto shreds enemies at close range. It’s the perfect partner to one of Season 1 Reloaded’s best primary weapons, even stronger than many SMGs.
Need to level up this new akimbo pistol? Here’s the new fastest way to level up guns in Warzone 2!
Akimbo P890 Loadout
- Muzzle: FT Steel Fire – Unlocked at P890 Level 24
- Laser: 1MW Pistol Laser – Unlocked at P890 Level 5
- Trigger Action: Bruen Express – Unlocked at P890 Level 15
- Magazine: 12 Round Mag – Unlocked at P890 Level 20
- Rear Grip: Akimbo P890 – Unlocked at P890 Level 26
- FT Steel Fire (+1.40 oz Recoil Smoothness, +1.00 Bullet Velocity)
- Bruen Express (+0.18 oz Recoil Smoothness, -0.10 in Sprint to Fire Speed)
Despite a reduction to its armor damage, the P890 saw no other nerfs in Season 1 Reloaded. Therefore, expect a slightly longer TTK than before the patch – but our favorite pistol is still otherwise very dominant.
Once you’ve set up your class, make sure to drop into this spot in Warzone 2 to instantly get your loadout!
Akimbo Basilisk Loadout
- Laser: REVO-LSD 7MW – Unlocked at Basilisk Level 11
- Barrel: 10.5″ FTAC Arrow – Unlocked at Basilisk Level 27
- Trigger Action: Bryson Match Grade – Unlocked at Basilisk Level 20
- Ammunition: .500 Snakeshot – Unlocked at Basilisk Level 26
- Rear Grip: Akimbo Basilisk – Unlocked at Basilisk Level 28
The Basilisk saw some heavy changes in the most recent major patch but in this new loadout you’ll find that it’s as strong as it ever was!
Make sure you partner the Basilisk with Warzone 2’s best Assault Rifle loadout and you’ve got your Warzone Victory in the bag.
All Akimbo Pistol Buffs & Nerfs in Season 1 Reloaded
- Akimbo P890, X12, Basilisk, and .50 GS received a damage reduction against armored opponents
- Basilisk now blocks Compensators and Flash Hider on FTAC ARROW barrel
- Select Basilisk attachments on the FTAC ARROW barrel now use muzzle slot (LOCKSHOT KT85, SA LEVELER 55, CRONEN DARK KX30)
- Lowered hip spread
- Increased 1 hit headshot range
- Increased damage range
- Boosted neck and upper shoulder location damage multiplies
- Increased bullet velocity
- Increased damage range on SA LONGSHOT – 50 and SA TYRANT FIFTY barrels
Check out all the weapon changes in the full Season 1 Reloaded patch notes here.
Fancy a longer-range option to go beside your akimbo weaponry? Here’s the overpowered one-shot sniper loadout that’s dominating Warzone 2.