EA plans to address critical issues in Battlefield 2042 via two substantial updates rolling out this year.
Battlefield 2042 experienced a rocky launch. From the beta, gamers were not entirely happy with the game.
This feeling resonated once again once the game entered early access and has continued since.
Recently, Battlefield 2042 was review bombed on Steam. This happened due to its poor early access experience.
EA seems to be aware of this and plans to make the experience what gamers wanted from the start.
Battlefield 2042 Two Major Updates Expected Fixes
EA announced two upcoming major updates for Battlefield 2042 coming this year on November 25 and early December.
Added to these two updates, EA confirmed a third update before the Holidays.
Also, the publisher confirmed it had taken feedback into account, and legacy features like the scoreboard and voice chat are being evaluated.
Considering fans have urged DICE to take back control from EA, it is the perfect time for EA to address all the feedback received.
Battlefield 2042 November 25 Update Patch
This patch corrects the following issues.
Performance and Server Stability Fixes
- Unable to spawn with intended loadout.
- Safety feature ensuring respawn after 30 seconds have elapsed.
Gunplay and Balance
- Reduced spread globally when zoomed and moving
- Improved stationary zoomed accuracy for several weapons
- Spread now decreases faster and earlier when pacing shots
- Dispersion reduced for all weapons except Shotguns
- Increased PP-29 vertical recoil
- Hovercraft health balance and weaponry adjustments
- Nightbird’s 20mm Cannons adjustment to reduce excessive splash damage
- UAV-1 Adjustments
- Improved Soldier Revives
EA plans to share more details about this update on a fully detailed November 24 patch note post.
Battlefield 2042 Early December Update Patch
The December Battlefield 2042 update patch is considerably more prominent than the one coming in November.
This patch addresses several gunplay balances like aiming inconsistency on PC and some spread issues with guns in Portal.
Additionally, a multitude of minor fixes for guns and vehicles will roll out.
Some issues with each Specialist’s perks are also addressed in this update.
One issue gamers have pointed out for some time is that Battlefield 2042’s audio design is terrible. Luckily, this is also being addressed in this patch.
Also, as part of changes to progression, this update adds weekly missions with cosmetic unlocks as a reward.
If you want to read all these adjustments in detail, you can do so at EA official blog post.
Issues Still in Review for Upcoming Battlefield 2042 Patches
According to EA, some issues are still being investigated, and there is no set timeline for a fix.
These are some of these issues:
- Incorrect hirmarkers server registration
- Continued investigation on Breakthrough servers
- Identifying engine level optimisations for more consistent frame rates on PC
- Aiming inconsistency in consoles
Aside from all the fixes needed, some gamers have pointed design flaws in the game. For instance, some fans believe Battlefield 2042 maps are too big.