We are currently sitting at around one week after the infamous and captivating Rocket Launch! Already there have been changes, albeit superficial, to parts of the map. Signs and structures starting to disappear is one thing, but once we realised that the iconic spinning Tomato-Head suffered a similar fate, this impending doom became all too real. No one knows what will go next! When will it stop? Will the whole map slowly become devoured? The community is in a state of total disarray. Based on a previously discussed theory, unfortunately, this gradual extermination of parts of the map, fit into the narrative. However, if the progression and story mirror that of the circulating theory, then we may possibly be seeing some brand new locations coming in Season 5 of Fortnite.
New Locations – Names and Ideas
According to the most popular fan theory currently out there, the fracture and rifts that are appearing and expanding across the map, are worm-holes. Fractures in space and time, if you will. As a result, in Season 5, new locations will start to appear. More than likely in the place of current popular places.
The deeper we go into this leading theory, the more fan ideas we uncover. Given the sheer number of suggestions we are seeing across social media and especially Fortnite’s subreddit, a few details are bound to be accurate. Or at least close to the truth regarding the “fracture” and disappearing map. One interesting idea was proposed by redditor SeaOtter_, in which he provides a list of interesting and plausible changes to the map along with the names for new locations. The list below details his suggestions and how they fit into either ancient or future history. It should also be noted that all names and ideas, even if they turn out to be correct, are in no way confirmed by Epic Games (at least not at the time of writing).
List of New Locations
[su_list icon=”icon: flash”]
- Tilted Towers – Triassic Towers (Dinosaurs)
- Retail Row – Renaissance Row (The Renaissance)
- Anarchy Acres – Ancient Acres (Egyptian)
- Fatal Fields – Future Fields (The Future)
- Moisty Mire – Mayan Mire (Mayans)
- Dusty Divot (Depot) – Depression Divot (The Great Depression)
- Tomato Town – Time Town (Anything/possibly dynamic)
- Junk Junction – Japan Junction (Japanese)
- Flush Factory – Flush Factory (Industrial Era)
- Wailing Woods – Wild Woods (Old West)
- Salty Springs – Steampunk Springs (Steampunk)
- Loot Lake – Loot Lake (Pirates)
- Risky Reels – Roman Row (Roman Empire)
- Greasy Grove – Golden Grove (Golden Age)
- Haunted Hills – History hills (Again could be anything/dynamic)
- Pleasant Park – Pilgrim Park (Pilgrimage)
- Snobby Shores – Salem Shores (Salem Witch Trials)
Some of the new locations listed have the same name but a new meaning. Suggested changes also may be laid out the same, but have more of a new style/theme. But again, we would like to reiterate, that these are all quite simply ideas and not officially titled new locations. Included within the proposed list is every location except for Lucky Landing, Lonely Lodge and Shifty Shafts. If you have any suggestions of names for some new locations let us know below or on our social media.