Yesterday, Treyarch released update 1.05 for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4, Xbox One, and with PC following suit today. Alongside major additions and changes to the game, the update allowed new Call of Duty Blackout icons to be unlocked via obtaining the particular items in game. The icons, which were recently made available by completing character missions, appear to be Mason, Reznov, Woods, and Menendez. Those four characters undoubtedly deserve the title “icons” due to their iconic and infamous participance in the Call of Duty franchise these past few years. To make getting these easier, we’ve compiled a guide on how to unlock Call of Duty Blackout icons…
How to Unlock Call of Duty Blackout Icons
The “Stained White T-Shirt” mission item can only be acquired from supply drops. Please keep in mind that you’re not always guaranteed to obtain the item when opening a supply drop.
- Play the match as Reznov
- Wake the Sleeper Agent (Activate the Emergency Broadcast located in Array)
- Place Top in Quads, Top 2 in Duos, or Top 3 in Solos
- The Stained White T-Shirt must be kept in your Inventory
The “Ushanka Hat” mission item can only be found in either Estates or Asylum. Once again, this one make take a fair amount of exploring to acquire.
- Get 1 “Long Range” kill (200m or more)
- Place Top 2 in Squads, Top 3 in Duos, or Top 5 in Solos with Ushanka Hat in Inventory
The “Woods’ Bandana” mission item is located in the BO1 Campaign Helicopter Spawn location north of Firing Range.
- Ride in a Helicopter for at least 30 Seconds to a minute
- Win the match with Woods’ Bandana in Inventory
Just like unlocking Mason, the “Locket” mission item can be obtained through supply drops.
- Kill an enemy with a shotgun
- Kill an enemy with a melee attack
- Finish the match with Locket in Inventory
It appears that the difficulty of these character missions vary. Whilst the character missions of some, such as Menendez and Mason, can be easily obtained, others will certainly require some luck. Besides, even if some character missions appear easy to obtain, there’s still a good chance you won’t complete them.