Autobuild is one of the most useful Purah Pad abilities in The Legend of Zelda: TOTK.
Not only does it let you skip the often-frustrating building elements every time you want to get a vehicle up and running, but it’ll provide any missing materials – for a price!
Here’s how to unlock the powerful tool:
How to Get Autobuild in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
To unlock Autobuild in The Legend of Zelda: TOTK, you must first have unlocked the Camera for your Purah Pad.
Here’s a full walkthrough of how to get all Purah Pad upgrades in Zelda: TOTK.
You must then complete your first Temple in Zelda: TOTK to trigger Robbie and Josha to be ready to give you another side quest back at Lookout Landing. You’ll find these as part of the Regional Phenomena questline.
How to Unlock Autobuild:
After you’ve progressed sufficiently, here’s how to unlock Autobuild in Tears of the Kingdom:
- Head to Lookout Landing and talk to Josha (Coordinates -0223, 0062, 0018).
- Josha will point out that statues in The Depths all seem to be looking in the same direction. She asks you to follow their gaze to discover an underground temple.
- Return to The Depths and follow each statue’s gaze until you get to the Great Abandoned Central Mine (Coordinates: -0806, -1926, -0520).
- Interact with the Green Zonai Circle to activate the Steward Construct.
- You’ll then be able to use Autobuild and repair a vehicle for the researchers.
- This will trigger a boss fight with Master Kohga of the Yiga Clan.
- To defeat Kohga you simply need to avoid his incoming vehicle charges and attack him in the back.
- Kohga is also vulnerable to arrow shots, however he will start blocking more and more of his body with barriers. He will always be vulnerable from behind.
- This will permanently unlock the Autobuild ability for your Purah Pad.
You’ve already unlocked the Autobuild in TOTK but we suggest at least following these steps before you go:
- Talk to the Steward Construct once more before you leave and you’ll receive the Schema Stone schematic for a Zonai Wing flying machine.
- You can build the flying machine to get to the next Lightroot if you wish, but once you’re ready, it’s time to return to Josha at Lookout Landing.
- Talk to Josha and then use the Schema Stone she gives you to repair Robbie’s Hot Air Balloon.
Now you’re well on your way to unlocking the Shrines of Light Sensor in Tears of the Kingdom – with more upgrades made available after that!
How to Use Autobuild in Zelda: TOTK
To use Autobuild, hold ZL and move the right analog stick to the purple hands icon in the bottom right of the selection wheel.
You’ll then be able to choose from a list of your previous builds, or saved schematics.
Once you’ve selected what you want to build, move the template around and it will pick up required materials from the environment. Press A to complete the build and Autobuild will generate your template perfectly every time.
One of the biggest draws of the ability is that it can be used even if you’re missing the materials required.
Instead, Autobuild will exchange 3 Zonaite for each missing item – perfect for when you’re missing a key component!
However, we wouldn’t recommend Autobuilding a complex item without any materials unless you’re happy spending a large chunk of Zonaite. That said, with this infinite duplication trick you could get more Zonaite in no time!
How to Save Creations in Autobuild
To save a creation you’ve made in Autobuild’s registry, all you have to do is build it once. As soon as you’ve put two items together, Autobuild will already save the item for replication.
However, you can save select builds as your favorites by checking out your Autobuild history.
Saturday 27th of May 2023
Can you delete Builds?