Not looking for any invites from friends mid-game? Here’s how to appear offline in MW2 & Warzone 2 to avoid the hassle.
Sometimes you’re just not looking to play with friends when it comes to your regular Call of Duty session. Or perhaps you told your mate that you were getting an early night and now you don’t want them to see you hopping online.
It happens to the best of us. And thankfully, there is a way to appear offline in MW2 & Warzone 2 while still playing Activision’s latest FPS titles.
Here’s how it’s done:
How to Appear Offline in Warzone 2 & MW2
How to Appear Offline on PlayStation & Xbox
- To appear offline in MW2 & Warzone 2 on console, simply load the game and open the Menu (Menu/Options button).
- Tab across to Profile (RB/R1) and you’ll be able to see a dropdown menu above your account level.
- Then, simply change your preference to ‘Appear Offline’.
Bear in mind that this function will only make you appear offline in-game for your Activision friends. You’ll still appear in the PlayStation and Xbox social menus until you follow these steps:
- From your PlayStation home screen, find your profile in the top right
- Select your profile and open Online Status
- Then select ‘Appear Offline’
- Press the Xbox button on your controller
- Tab over to Profile & System
- Open your Profile
- Change ‘Appear Online’ to ‘Appear Offline’
How to Appear Offline on Steam
- Open the Steam application
- Click Friends & Chat in the bottom right
- Then, click the dropdown list next to your name in the Friends window
- Choose ‘Offline’
Note: There’s no way to open Steam in Appear Offline mode right away, however the application will remember your preferences. Therefore, you’ll be invisible to friends the next time you log in, until you change the setting back.
How to Appear Offline on Battle.net
- Open the Battle.net application
- Click your profile name in the top right
- Choose ‘Appear Offline’ from the dropdown list
Note: There’s no way to open Battle.net in Appear Offline mode right away, however the application will remember your preferences. Therefore, you’ll be invisible to friends the next time you log in, until you change the setting back.
Appear Offline Not Working Fix in MW2 & Warzone 2
At the time of this article’s writing, numerous complaints have been made by the game’s community about MW2 & Warzone 2’s ‘Appear Offline’ function not working.
A common bug that players are experiencing seems to allow other users to still see their friends as online, even after they should be invisible.
There’s no solution to this issue just yet, but we’ll update this article as soon as one surfaces.
In the meantime, you can open the Channels tab from the MW2 menu, select Party, then tab over to Channel Settings. Here, you can set your Party Privacy to ‘Invite Only’ and prevent friends from joining your Party.
The only other way currently to ensure that your Activision friends can’t see you online in-game is to block them entirely. Unfortunately, even changing your Xbox or PlayStation account to appear offline will not affect your visibility when in-game.
We’ll need to wait for Activision to fix this bug, something that hopefully won’t take too much longer.
Speaking of features not working as intended, here’s how to fix your Ultimate Perk not working in Warzone 2 right now!