Are you ready to breeze through your journey in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK)? Discovering all Great Fairy locations for armor upgrades is key.
No progress in the main story needed. You can start this quest immediately after the tutorial, once you’re in Hyrule.
This guide is your treasure map. It points you to all four Great Fairy Fountains in TOTK.
But that’s not all. We’ll also show you how to unlock each location.
Ready to power up your armor? Let’s dive in.
Where to Find All Great Fairy Locations in Tears of the Kingdom
These are the locations of each of the four Great Fairy in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom:
- Great Fairy Tera Location – Northwest from Woodland Stable on the edge of the Eldin Canyon region, northeast of Lookout Landing. (0921, 1380, 0092)
- Requires the completion of the “Serenade to a Great Fairy” quest to unlock this Great Fairy Fountain.
- Great Fairy Cotera Location – South of Dueling Peaks Stable in West Necluda, south of Kakariko Village. (1766, -2173, 0013)
- Requires the completion of the “Serenade to Cotera” quest to unlock this Great Fairy Fountain.
- Great Fairy Kaysa Location – Northwest of the Outskirt Stable, southwest of Lookout Landing. (-1555, -1237, 0085)
- Requires the completion of the “Serenade to Kaysa” quest to unlock this Great Fairy Fountain.
- Great Fairy Mija Location – North of Snowfield Stable in the Tabantha Tundra. (-1461, 2994, 0305)
- Requires the completion of the “Serenade to Mija” quest to unlock this Great Fairy Fountain.
To make the process of finding each of them easier, it is highly recommended that you unlock Skyview Towers as much as possible. Doing this will make traveling easier.
Requirements to Unlock Great Fairy Fountains in TOTK
Before you start unlocking each of the Great Fairies in Hyrule, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Obtain the “Potential Princess Sightings!” quest from Traysi at the Lucky Clover Gazette. This location is in Tabantha Frontier, east of Rito Village.
- Simply talk with Traysi and Penn inside the Lucky Clover Gazette to acquire this quest.
- Unlock the Towing Harness at any Stable. You can do this by accumulating three Pony Points and claiming it as a reward from the Pony Points Ledger inside the Stable’s counter.
- You can quickly accumulate Pony Points by registering Horses at the stable or sleeping at the Stable inn.
- Have a horse that is capable of towing registered at the Stable.
- You can check if any of the horses you have registered can tow by visiting a Stable, selecting “Take horse,” and looking for the “Pull” attribute. If the horse has at least one star in this stat, it can tow.
How to Unlock Great Fairy Tera
To unlock Great Fairy Tera’s location in Tears of the Kingdom, you need to complete the “Serenade to a Great Fairy” quest by taking the traveling musicians outside Woodland Stable to the Great Fairy nearby.
- Go to the Woodland Stable. This Stable is located northeast of Lookout Landing in the Eldin Canyon Region.
- Talk to the traveling musicians that are outside the Stable. They are easy to spot as Penn, from the Lucky Clover Gazette, will be next to them.
- Once you talk to them, the quest “Serenade to a Great Fairy” will start.
- Fix the wagon that is right in front of the traveling musicians. You can use the spare wheels near the stable and attach them to the wagon with Ultrahand to fix it.
- Once the wagon is fixed, talk to the traveling musicians again and offer to take them to the Great Fairy.
- The musicians will get on the wagon. To take them to the Great Fairy, talk to the clerk at the Stable and take out a horse with at least one star on the Pull stat. Additionally, confirm you want the Towing Harness to be attached.
- Attach the Towing Harness to the wagon.
- Take the traveling musicians up the path northwest to the Great Fairy Fountain location in Tears of the Kingdom.
- As a reward from this mission, aside from unlocking this Great Fairy location, you get 50 Rupees and the location of the other three Fairies marked on your map.
How to Unlock Great Fairy Cotera
To unlock Great Fairy Cotera, you must complete the “Serenade to Cotera” quest by helping the Stable Trotters traveling musicians reunite with their drummer.
Additionally, you will have to help the musicians cross the river to reach the Great Fairy.
- Travel to the Dueling Peaks Stable. This Stable is located south of Kakariko Village. You can also reach this location by traveling southeast from Lookout Landing.
- One easy way to reach this location is by gliding from the Sahasra Slope Skyview Tower if you have it unlocked already.
- Next to the Stable, you will find the Stable Trotters traveling musicians. Talk to Mastro to start the “Serenade to Cotera” quest.
- Now, you must help the musicians reunite with their drummer, Beetz.
- To find him, take the road north from the Dueling Peaks Stable. Continue past the Kakariko Bridge, and take the road up to the right until to reach a stone archway embedded on the rocks to the right side. You can see both the location on the map and the stone arch in the image below.
- Once you talk to him, you will receive the “Honey, Bee Mine” quest. To complete this quest, you have to deliver three Courser Bee Honey.
- To get Courser Bee Honey, you need to pick up honeycombs. You can find several honeycombs in the forest north of Kakariko Village*. This forest is pictured in the map below.
- Once you find a honeycomb in the branch of a tree, shoot it with an arrow. It will fall to the ground, and bees will attack you. To get rid of them, ZL target them and hit them. After two hits, they will fly away.
- Return to Beetz’s location and give him the Courser Bee Honey to complete this quest.
- You will get 100 Rupees as a reward for completing this quest.
*Note: If you don’t want to go to the forest for honey, you can skip to the “How to Unlock Great Fairy Mija” section of this article, and complete it. One quest in that section gives honey as a reward.
- After completing the “Honey, Bee Mine” quest, return to the Dueling Peaks Stable and speak with Mastro again. Follow his dialogue, and he will mention that they need to cross the river to get to the Great Fairy location.
- This part of the quest can get a little bit tricky. We recommend that you follow the next steps in this order to avoid different results.
- As soon as the dialogue from Mastro ends, they will move close to the river. There, you will see their wagon without wheels.
- Talk to Mastro once again and exhaust his dialogue. After this, you must build a raft to take the wagon across the water to the Great Fairy Fountain.
- The best way to do this is by laying one of the big planks of wood that are near this area on the floor. Then, attach the wagon on top of it so it can float.
- Now, proceed to attach the Zonai Devices that are stranded in the rocks right in front. The ideal setup is two fans for propulsion in the back and the steering stick in the front. You can see the ideal boat construction in the image below.
- After reaching the location with the Great Fairy Fountain, a cutscene will start, and you will have unlocked Great Fairy Cotera. Additionally, you will receive 100 Rupees as a reward from Mastro.
How to Unlock Great Fairy Kaysa
To unlock Great Fairy Kaysa’s location in Tears of the Kingdom, you need to complete the “Serenade to Kaysa” quest in the Outskirt Stable.
This can be achieved by helping the Stable Trotters get back Pyper, their flutist, and building an ATV (All-Terrain-Vehicle) to get all of them to the location of the Great Fairy Fountain on the hill next to the stable.
- Go to the Highland Stable (0520, -3443, 0047) on the southern section of Faron and talk to Haite. She is on the left side of the stable, near a container with hay.
- Haite will ask you to talk to Pyper. You can find him on top of a tree next to the stable. Climb the tree, speak to Pyper, and select the “Are you a Stable Trotter” option to acquire the “The Flute Player’s Plan” quest.
- To complete The Flute Player’s Plan quest, you must collect 10 Sunset Fireflies and deliver them to Pyper.
- Wait or rest on the cooking fire in the stable till nighttime. Sunset Fireflies won’t spawn during the day.
- You can take the northern path from the stable to reach Pagos Woods. A lot of fireflies spawn in this area.
- To catch a firefly, crouch by pressing the left stick (L3) and get close to them as slowly as possible. Once you are near enough, press the A button to catch them.
- In addition to the method mentioned above, a merchant named Eryck can be found on this northern path to the woods. He travels in his wagon and can sell you up to five fireflies for 10 Rupees each.
- Return to Pyper and deliver the 10 Sunset Fireflies.
- He will ask you to wait till nighttime again and bring Haite to his location.
- Wait for nighttime or pastime using a cooking fire or the inn. Once nighttime, go inside the stable, talk to Haite, and ask her to follow you.
- Walk to the tree where Pyper is located to trigger a cutscene and complete this quest. You will receive a Big Hearty Truffle from Pyper as a reward.
- Travel to the Outskirt Stable (-1437, -1266, 0032) and talk to Mastro to receive the “Serenade to Kaysa” quest.
- Now, you must build an ATV (All-Terrain-Vehicle) to get all the musicians above the hill where the Great Fairy Fountain is located.
- Luckily, all the pieces you need to construct the ATV are right beside the stable, leaning against a rock.
- Use Ultrahand and attach the only missing wheel to the prebuilt ATV. Make sure the wheel is facing the same direction as the other ones!
- Attach the steering stick to the vehicle’s frontal part and attach the Breezer wagon to the car. You can take a look at the final build in the image below.
- Pro-tip: Get the vehicle close to the wagon before attaching it. If you take the Breezer wagon too far off, Mastro says you can’t take it that far and will reset it to its previous location.
- Once you have finished building, talk to Mastro and offer the musicians a ride up the hill.
- Once all the musicians are in, take control of the ATV and drive them uphill to the location of the Great Fairy.
- A cutscene with all the musicians playing will start, permanently unlocking this Great Fairy. As well, you will receive 100 Rupees as a reward from Mastro.
How to Unlock Great Fairy Mija
To unlock the Great Fairy Mija location in Tears of the Kingdom, you must complete the “Serenade to Mija” quest.
This can be accomplished by reuniting the Stable Trotters with Eustus, their hornist. Once reunited, you will be tasked with building a roof for their wagon and taking them to the Great Fairy location.
- Travel to Tabantha Bridge Stable (-2919, 0545, 0169), located on the western side of the Hyrule Ridge, right next to the Tabantha Great Bridge. From here, you can travel to the location where you will find Eustus.
- Take the western road past the bridge and continue on this path until you find a smoke column on the right side of the road. Here you will see Eustus inside a small crater.
- You can find the exact location for Eustus in the image below.
- Talk to Eustus to start “The Hornist’s Dramatic Escape” quest. To complete it, you must build a propulsion device and attach it to Eustus’s wagon to get him out of the crater.
- The materials for the propulsion device are all next to Eustus, inside the crater.
- This particular build can be tricky, but you can look at the finished build in the image below for guidance as you follow instructions.
- This propulsion device consists of a square stone slab with two Balloon Zonai Devices attached, one to each side.
- You’ll need to attach the Flame-Emitter Zonai Devices that resemble Dragon Heads inside each balloon canister. Make sure both flame-emitters are positioned to shoot their flame upwards.
- Once this part of the build is ready, attach it to the top part of the wagon, ensuring it is centered and balanced.
- Attach two Fan Zonai Devices, each to one side of the stone slab. The fans should face the ground at a 45-degree angle to create lift.
- Once the build is ready, talk to Eustus so he can get into the wagon.
- Shoot one of the fans with an arrow to start the Zonai Devices. This should propel Eustus out of the crater, completing this quest.
- As a reward, you will get three Courser Bee Honey.
- Travel to the Snowfield Stable (-1643, 2566, 0234) in Hebra Mountains in the Tabantha Tundra region.
- Talk to Mastro to start the “Serenade to Mija” quest. He is the director of the Stable Trotters musicians located next to the stable.
- To complete this quest in Tears of the Kingdom, you must attach a piece of wood on top of the Breezer wagon to protect the musicians from the falling snow and take them to the Great Fairy location.
- You can find this piece of wood near the wagon. Make sure the piece is wood is perfectly centered!
- Once the “roof” for the wagon is built, talk to the stable clerk to take out a horse with at least one star in the Pull stat and order the Towing Harness to be attached.
- Get your horse near the wagon and attach the Towing Harness to it.
- Talk to Mastro and offer a ride to the top of the mountain where the Great Fairy Fountain is located.
- After all musicians get in the wagon, mount your horse and take them all the way to the Great Fairy. Be careful with the Bokoblins riding horses. They can shoot arrows and destroy your roof.
- As soon as your reach the fairy’s area, a cutscene triggers. The musicians serenade the Great Fairy, permanently unlocking its location.
- As a reward, Mastro gives you 100 Rupees. If you have unlocked all the other Great Fairy locations, he also changes the name of the Stable Trotters to Stable Heroes in your honor.
Monday 22nd of May 2023
i did everything it told me on kaysa to but i havent seen mastro at all why
Wednesday 24th of May 2023
Mastro will be at the Outskirt Stable after helping Pyper and completing "The Flute Player’s Plan" quest. Make sure you complete all the pre-requirements before searching for the Fairies. As well, unlocking them in the order suggested in this article is recommended :) .