Gimmighoul is an incredibly rare Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet, but you’ll need 999 of its coins to evolve it into Gholdengo. Fortunately, we’ve got every Gimmighoul location for you.
Of course, this isn’t the only Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet that requires you to go the extra mile to make it evolve. You should also check out these evolution techniques so you can definitely catch them all:
- Every Gimmighoul Chest Location in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
- How to Find Roaming Gimmighouls in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
- How to Evolve Gimmighoul into Gholdengo in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
- How to Check How Many Gimmighoul Coins You Have in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
Every Gimmighoul Chest Location in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
Gimmighoul Chests in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet are found on top of Watchtowers and ruins across Paldea.
Some Gimmighoul Chests are located in areas that require additional traversal mechanics (such as swimming) to access. So you’ll need to know how to fully upgrade Koraidon and Miraidon first.
Here is every Gimmighoul Chest location in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet:
- Located near the Poco Path Lighthouse close to Los Platos.
- Go to the back of the lighthouse and drop down to the area below on the left.
- As soon as you drop, take the ramp on the left that takes you to an elevated area and continue going.
- The Gimmighoul chest is at the edge of the cliff.
- Found at the top of the South Province (Area Four) Watchtower between Cortondo and Alfornada.
- This Gimmighoul Chest is located on top of the South Province (Area Two) Watchtower. You will find it immediately North of the South Province (Area Two) Pokemon Center and to the East of Cortondo.
- The next Gimmighoul Chest can be found on top of the Leaking Tower of Paldea, which is North of Alfornada.
- To get to the top, you’ll need to go up the cliffside to the left of the tower and jump from the top.
- Is found at the top of the West Province (Area One) Watchtower, which is south of the Asado Desert and east of the West Province (Area One) Poke Center.
- You will find this Gimmighoul Chest in some ruins in the northern area of the Asado Desert and northwest of the Cascarrafa Poke Center (North).
- This Gimmighoul Chest is located on the north side of an island located southwest of the Porto Marinada Lighthouse. You’ll need to swim from the Lighthouse to reach the island.
- The next Gimmighoul Chest is located at the top of Casseroya Watchtower No. 1. You will find it between Medali and Porto Marinada.
- This Gimmighoul Chest is found at the top of Casseroya Watchtower No. 2. It is located northeast of the first Casseroya Watchtower.
- You will find this Gimmighoul Chest just southwest of Casseroya Watchtower No. 2 in the ruins.
- Head to the East side of the Casseroya Lake to the Casseroya Watchtower No. 3 for this Gimmighoul Chest.
- This Gimmighoul Chest is located north of the Casseroya Lake on a ledge of the mountain between the Groundblight Shrine and Socarrat Trail.
- You can find this Gimmighoul Chest slightly southwest of the Montenevera Poke Center.
- You’ll need to head west from the Montenevera Poke Center down the waterfall until you reach the central area with a small island in the middle.
- Go south down the next waterfall.
- The Gimmighoul Chest is right at the edge of the waterfall before the next drop.
- This Gimmighoul Chest is located in the ruins east of Medali. You will need to climb up the mountainside to get to it. This site is also reachable by traveling west from the Dalizapa Passage Pokemon Center if you have the climbing ability for Miraidon or Koraidon.
- The next Gimmighoul Chest is found at the top of the Glaseado Mountain Watchtower. It can be found East of the Glaseado Gym.
- You will find this Gimmighoul Chest at the top of the North Province (Area One) Watchtower. It is located in a large lake in the far east of Glaseado Mountain, north of the North Province (Area Two) Pokemon Center.
- This Gimmighoul Chest is found in the ruins southwest of the North Province (Area One) Watchtower.
- You can find this Gimmighoul Chest in a shallow, circular pond southwest of the North Province (Area Two) Poke Center.
- You’ll need to head southwest from the North Province (Area Two) Poke Center, traveling towards the big mountains on the horizon.
- Climb the mountain until you reach a small, shallow circular body of water.
- In the center of that body of water, you can find the Gimmighoul Chest.
- The next Gimmighoul Chest is found at the top of the East Province (Area Three) Watchtower, which is northwest of Levincia (North) Pokemon Center.
- This Gimmighoul Chest can be found southeast of Levincia at the top of the East Province (Area One) Watchtower. You will find it on the cliff overlooking the East Paldean Sea.
- You will find this Gimmighoul Chest west of the East Province (Area Two) Pokemon Center on top of a small mountain.
- Head to the East Province (Area Two) Poke Center north of Artazon.
- Travel west until you reach a small mountain that overlooks the Fire Crew flags.
- The Gimmighoul is on the ledge on top of that mountain.
- The next Gimmighoul Chest is at the top of the South Province (Area Three) Watchtower, to the east of Mesagoza, and the South Province (Area Three) Pokemon Center. You will find it near Klawf.
- This Gimmighoul Chest is located in the huge cave system East of Porto Marinada called Colonnade Hollow.
- Fast travel to the Colonnade Hollow and get inside the cave system by traveling east.
- Go all the way to the easternmost side of the cave, where you’ll find a trainer.
- To the right, you should see a small incline.
- Head up the incline and follow the path back along the Cave in the direction you came from.
- At the end of the incline is the Gimmighoul Chest.
- One Gimmighoul Chest is at the top of the South Province (Area Five) Watchtower. You can get to this location by traveling southwest of the Artazon (West) Pokemon Center.
- There is a Gimmighoul Chest near the ledge of a small elevated plateau located south of the Asado Desert Watchtower.
How Many Coins Does a Gimmighoul Chest Drop in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet?
A Gimmighoul Chest will usually give you between 30 and 60 coins. However, they do occasionally drop either 100 or 777 coins in one go.
To get the coins from a Gimmighoul Chest, you either need to catch or defeat it in a battle. They’re quite easy to beat, so don’t worry too much.
Gimmighoul Chests do occasionally respawn in the same locations. However, it is unclear how often. You’re better off searching for new Chests than waiting around for old ones to reset.
How to Find Roaming Gimmighouls in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
Roaming Gimmighouls are found all over Paldea and make a sound when you get near them. They are typically located near signs, large rocks, bridges, and ruins.
Their small size makes them easy to miss, especially if you’re playing handheld. However, while riding Koraidon or Miraidon, you can zoom in by pressing ZL, making it easier to spot Gimmighoul.
Roaming Gimmighouls will respawn over time in the exact same place, making finding them easier on a second try. However, it will take upwards of 24 hours in-game for them to reappear.
Unfortunately, you cannot catch or battle a Roaming Gimmighoul. Once you’ve interacted with it, it will run away.
How Many Coins Does a Roaming Gimmighoul Drop in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet?
A Roaming Gimmighoul will typically drop between 1 and 5 coins in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. However, if you’re lucky, there’s a chance of it dropping between 10 and 30 coins, and even 200.
To get the coins from a Roaming Gimmighoul, you just have to press A next to it. It will disappear, and you’ll receive the coins.
To get the 999 coins you need to evolve Gimmighoul from Roaming Gimmighouls, you’ll need to interact with around 200 of them. However, if each gives you one coin, you’d need to find 999!
How to Evolve Gimmighoul into Gholdengo in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
To evolve Gimmighoul into Gholdengo you will need to first collect 999 Gimmighoul coins from Gimmighoul Chests and Roaming Gimmighouls.
Once you have collected 999 Gimmighoul Coins, just level up your Gimmighoul, and it will evolve into Gholdengo. However, all 999 coins will disappear upon evolving.
You can’t cancel Gimmighoul’s evolution into Gholdengo by pressing B like most Pokemon. Once it starts evolving, it won’t stop.
However, you can prevent it from evolving by selling some of your coins for 200 Poke Dollars each. You can only hold 999 Gimmighoul Coins at a time, so once you’ve reached that amount, don’t get more.
How to Check How Many Gimmighoul Coins You Have in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
To see how many Gimmighoul Coins you currently have, head into your Bag (press X and then select Bag), and then go to TM Materials (press right on the D-Pad 6 times.)
You may have to scroll down quite a bit to reach them, as they can get buried underneath all the other TM materials you collect.
Sunday 4th of December 2022
#12 is not where it’s listed. Nor does the picture align.
Saturday 3rd of December 2022
mixing up west with east sent me on a wild goose-hunt more than once... please fix
Thursday 1st of December 2022
I cannot find#20 at all.