A Splatoon 2 datamine regarding new details about the upcoming maps, new weapons and octolings has been seemingly leaked by a Splatoon reddit user who’s thanking the Wii Sports team for the information. According to the data over thirty new Splatoon 2 weapons will be arriving in the upcoming months! Find out more about this reportedly leaked Splatoon 2 datamine below including new weapons, maps and much more below.
Splatoon 2 Datamine
- Incomplete files for revamped versions of Kelp Dome and Blackbelly Skatepark have been introduced in the 1.1.1 update
- There are additional maps named
Tunnelwhich are in development
- Placeholder images for maps revealed in the Direct named Kawa and Pillar are present. (thanks to the people at TCRF!)
- Nintendo is including testing versions of Shifty Station in the updates; however, for Splatfest the game downloads the real stage model and layout file separately. This explains why the existing files include debug and test objects.
- The developers are currently testing new Salmon Run stages with internal names of
Threepoints. New files for these maps have been introduced in the 1.1.1 update as well. These are the last of the 4 planned stages for Salmon Run as of version 1.0.0.
- Grizzco brand weapons are in the works. A Blaster, Charger, and Brella were found in the files.
- A new weapon type called the Squeezer is in development. Here is Sheldon’s explanation text for the Squeezer and an alternate version of it.
- You can find more about upcoming weapons on the full Splatoon 2 weapons list via this link.
- What was known as the player’s gender from the original Splatoon has now been replaced by a parameter called
- Another parameter called
PlayerTypeshares the same values as another parameter,
- The possible values for these parameters are
- Near those values, we have found an additonal value named
OctBoy. This is based solely on information found in the Splatoon 2 executable; we do not have models, text, etc for boy Octolings at the moment.
- Additonally, since the values of
ModelTypeare shared, we cannot confirm that the Octolings will be playable either without testing in-game (which isn’t possible for any of us to do).
We still are not sure whether these patch’s are confirmed to be happening and whether this is true however we’ll be updating you with further details when we receive them so stay tuned.
Let us know in the comments below on what you think of this leaked Splatoon 2 datamine and new Splatoon 2 weapons, maps and more.